Here’s a job worth considering

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Get paid to eat tacos? That’s a job I could handle. Better yet, it’s part time, and only a 4 months commitment. https://www.mccormick.com/dir-taco-relations-job-description
Do you eat tacos like it’s your true calling? Now it really can be. McCormick is on the lookout for its first ever Director of Taco Relations and we’re calling all taco fanatics to submit.

As the Director of Taco Relations, you will be McCormick’s resident consulting taco expert. You will be our official eyes and ears for all things tacos. You’ll have the opportunity to work with the McCormick Kitchens team to develop innovative and delish taco recipes, travel across the country in search of the latest taco trends, dialogue with other like-minded taco connoisseurs across social media, and be in on the latest Street Taco seasoning mixes developed by the McCormick innovation lab.

$25k (yes, that's $25,000.00) per month ain't bad for a part time job.

Nothing to do with the job, but suddenly I desire a taco! And I just had a delicious dinner...

WOW! If I weren't so busy in retirement I might be interested. Lol

I made a call at McCormick (Salinas) on an automation project and the spice hits you in the face at the front door. There was a wall style monolith display of spice from around the world in the front lobby. Didn't sell them anything, but very impressive.

I had the spiciest Minestrone ever in the cafeteria for lunch.

Sounds like a very fun job for a young person who’s on Tik Tok and loves posting videos on social media.

I just forwarded the link to my 23 y/o DD grad student that's been hating her Covid cubicle in the basement internship at home. She dreams of being an "influencer" & loves tacos. This could be her big break. (And I'd sure enjoy helping eat tacos!)

Thanks for sharing the article. It looks like a dream job for someone who created content and loves tacos.

This reminded me slightly of an article I saw three years ago when I returned from my 3rd trip to Alba, Italy:

https://swirled.com/chocolate-tasting-job/

It didn’t pay as well but you would have worked only 4 hours a week and spend the rest of your time enjoying living amongst a plethora of UNESCO World Heritage sites. The area around the Ferrero factory is heavenly, even better than Hershey, PA. The job wasn’t limited to Italian citizens.

Fun stuff.

My wife just made taco salad a few days ago. I like to eat taco with lots of lettuce and tomato, but the job description outlines all the work that has to be done.

The work is not bad and pays well for someone suitable for this. I am not an artistically creative person, nor photogenic. I am just a grouchy guy. And I do not want to be a public figure. I will pass, and just have to buy my own tacos.

Talk about a job that would bore me to death!!! No way, not me, not for any amount of pay. I'm just not THAT interested in tacos. :ROFLMAO:

Besides, if I filled up on tacos every day then I wouldn't have any room left for gumbo. :D

By the way, did I ever tell you all that for the first year or two that Frank and I dated, we got gumbo at a different place each time in an effort to find the best gumbo in New Orleans? We never completed that effort but after several hundred gumbos our #1 was at Mandina's on Canal St.

Attachments

• seafood-gumbo-smittys.jpg
    seafood-gumbo-smittys.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 140
I just forwarded the link to my 23 y/o DD grad student that's been hating her Covid cubicle in the basement internship at home. She dreams of being an "influencer" & loves tacos. This could be her big break. (And I'd sure enjoy helping eat tacos!)

DD actually made a video and sent it to McCormick. She had a good time making the video and we all enjoyed the tacos.

I wonder how we can find out about other opportunities like this? Even if they don't pan out into becoming profitable it's fun to try.

By the way, did I ever tell you all that for the first year or two that Frank and I dated, we got gumbo at a different place each time in an effort to find the best gumbo in New Orleans?

OMG, I am so envious!!!

Reactions: W2R
You pay it back after the ghastly assault on your bowels!!!

Talk about a job that would bore me to death!!! No way, not me, not for any amount of pay. I'm just not THAT interested in tacos. :ROFLMAO:

Besides, if I filled up on tacos every day then I wouldn't have any room left for gumbo. :D

By the way, did I ever tell you all that for the first year or two that Frank and I dated, we got gumbo at a different place each time in an effort to find the best gumbo in New Orleans? We never completed that effort but after several hundred gumbos our #1 was at Mandina's on Canal St.

OK. Have not been to NOLA in years, but if we go, this place will be on the list.

FWIW, I used to travel thought the area fairly regularly years ago, and good Cajun Cookin' is one of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom