HGTV Stylefinder - Fun Quiz

Instead HGTV thinks I'm:
"Your style is Spanish Inspired
Hand-woven textiles, vivid colors, stout furniture grounded by earthy textures and rich history. Rustic and warm, my home is my hacienda."
Now I'm going to have my spouse take the quiz and tell me what I think.
Upon further consultation it turns out that "my" style is:
Asian Zen
Clean, natural and serene with pops of red. Perfect for creating a peaceful atmosphere. Asian and Feng Shui work in my home.
Yeah, sure, pretty close to what I had before, right, I knew that...

I got the Spanish inspired - "Hand-woven textiles, vivid colors, stout furniture grounded by earthy textures and rich history. Rustic and warm, my home is my hacienda." Spot on except I don't really go for vivid colors. Also - this may be my style (not DW's), so this "style" is only in the one room under my control.

I sent the link to DW and suggested we both take the quiz. She said there was no need, she could do a better job. Her assessment: my style is "you have no style" and her style is "constantly changing ". Makes the FI part of FIRE all the more exciting.

Rustic Charm. I take that to mean "You are a cheap bastard that prefers to wear out what you have and buy high quality used."

Yep!

Mid-Century Mod
Open, airy, organic spaces, all about form and function. Sophisticated and sleek yet approachable, alluring.

My style is incompatible with all the pet hair and cat barf that winds up on almost everything around here...

Rustic Charm. I take that to mean "You are a cheap bastard that prefers to wear out what you have and buy high quality used."

Strangely, all of these seem to fit, but like Braumeister, I got mid-century.
Thanks for the fun quiz!

Same here: mid-Century mod.

Is that code for grad student cheap? I still have plywood boxes from 1980 for book cases in my house ...

Your style is Old World, New Way
Deep, rich and regal but muted for a time-worn effect. Finishes are distressed, woodwork is rough-hewn. A lived-in but luxurious old world.

But... I didn't really see anything that was quite my style in the choices given.
So, I'd modify that to say that my style is "Old World Choosy Eclectic". :LOL:

Rough Hewn woodwork? Gimme a break. (snort!) :rolleyes: Not in MY house.

So, I tried it again. This time I got the following:

Your style is Romantic

Elegant yet relaxing. Luxurious fabrics, soft colors, fresh florals. Appeals to all the senses and sets a warm mood. My home has Romantic style.

So, I guess that overall my style is Romantic Old World Choosy Eclectic, but my woodwork is still a nicely made, not rough-hewn.

Your style is Mid-Century Mod

Open, airy, organic spaces, all about form and function. Sophisticated and sleek yet approachable, alluring. My home is Mid-Century Modern.

Your style is Mid-Century Mod

Open, airy, organic spaces, all about form and function. Sophisticated and sleek yet approachable, alluring. My home is Mid-Century Modern.

So do you feel alluring? :cool:
I am still choking on the dog and cat hair around my house, so, not so much. :D

Is that code for grad student cheap? I still have plywood boxes from 1980 for book cases in my house ...

IKEA?

It would all look nice on the front porch with the stuffed chair, refrigerator , next to the old Dodge PU.

No unfortunately my boxes predate IKEA and resemble crates more than furniture.

boxes.jpg

...Now I'm going to have my spouse take the quiz and tell me what I think.

I started with that approach. DW says that I am Mid Century Mod.

Hard to resist the appeal of SS316 and plastics that can endure throughout the centuries though.

No unfortunately my boxes predate IKEA and resemble crates more than furniture.
My brother's GF does a lot of Etsy. Judging from what I see on that website, you gotcherself a bunch of valuable Crate & Barrel collectibles there.

1980? Then in just 68 more years they'll be valuable antiques!

If one's house is the size of the following (7'x16'), it is going to be difficult to have room for any decoration to give it any definitive style. Accessories? Hah!

I guess one would have to do what he can with posters.

Bitterroot11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom