HGTV Stylefinder - Fun Quiz

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
With relocation on our agenda, this was a fun quiz for DW and I to do separately and together. We mostly agree, but not entirely, so we may have to find compromise. If you already know your taste definitively, it won't add anything. The bigger the monitor/screen the better (an iPad was too small for us). Again, mostly for fun for those inclined...HGTV - What's My Style

Midpack - thanks for sharing. That was fun!

Have not watched HGTV for a while...

I took the test. The result is:

"Your style is Crafted Simplicity
Simple shapes and strong lines. Fine craftsmanship mixes with natural materials. Arts & Crafts, Mission and Shaker work for me."

Have not watched HGTV for a while...

I took the test. The result is:

"Your style is Crafted Simplicity

Simple shapes and strong lines. Fine craftsmanship mixes with natural materials. Arts & Crafts, Mission and Shaker work for me."
Exactly what I got. You have excellent taste! :blush:

Your style is Crafted Simplicity

Simple shapes and strong lines. Fine craftsmanship mixes with natural materials. Arts & Crafts, Mission and Shaker work for me.

This is my style:

Your style is Vintage Sophistication
Nostalgic, retro, somewhat unconventional. Pieces with character and history make my home truly unique. Retro and Art Deco work in my home.

Pretty accurate, though I hate Art Deco.

sleek_streamlined.jpg

Sleek and streamlined. Really however, my style is what is cheap at World Markets, or whatever my son gives me.

Ha

Mid-Century Mod
Open, airy, organic spaces, all about form and function. Sophisticated and sleek yet approachable, alluring.

ziggy29 said:
My style is incompatible with all the pet hair and cat barf that winds up on almost everything around here...

Ah. Classic Casual! (which is what the cats and I came up with... )

Your style is Old World, New Way

Deep, rich and regal but muted for a time-worn effect. Finishes are distressed, woodwork is rough-hewn. A lived-in but luxurious old world.

Umm, maybe. I hate distressed finishes on cabinets or furniture. Must not have picked up on something in one of the pictures. I kind of felt this might have been more accurate if you could pick a 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice of each, since for some of these it was a coin flip. I retook the quiz and took my 2nd choice were it was very close, and came up with "Crafted Simplicity", which works for me too.

Kind of a fun exercise.

French country. Probably because I chose an eclectic, comfortable mix without being chintzy.

Your style is Old World, New Way
Deep, rich and regal but muted for a time-worn effect. Finishes are distressed, woodwork is rough-hewn. A lived-in but luxurious old world.

But... I didn't really see anything that was quite my style in the choices given.
So, I'd modify that to say that my style is "Old World Choosy Eclectic". :LOL:

Rough Hewn woodwork? Gimme a break. (snort!) :rolleyes: Not in MY house.

Mine said "Rustic Charm " but in reality I am more Coastal Shabby Chic . I love whimsical touches and lots of pillows .

Your style is Mid-Century Mod

Open, airy, organic spaces, all about form and function. Sophisticated and sleek yet approachable, alluring. My home is Mid-Century Modern.

Yet like others, I did not see some of what I wanted.... like decorate... heck, NONE of what was shown I would decorate with....

Your style is Vintage Sophistication

Nostalgic, retro, somewhat unconventional. Pieces with character and history make my home truly unique. Retro and Art Deco work in my home.

Thanks Midpack

Apparently the following options are not offered:
"Corrosion-resistant stainless steel with terrazo floors, formica wall coverings, trim painted in 'beach sand' color, fluorescent lighting, and watertight hatches"
or
"This bores me to tears. And do any of these homes have a TV?!?"

Instead HGTV thinks I'm:
"Your style is Spanish Inspired
Hand-woven textiles, vivid colors, stout furniture grounded by earthy textures and rich history. Rustic and warm, my home is my hacienda."

Yeah, whatever, they're really missing the beach shack stylebook.

Now I'm going to have my spouse take the quiz and tell me what I think.

Come on people, this is about the style that we want to have, not how we actually live.

However, I swear that if we declutter a bit and dust our furniture more often, our home would be just like what I like in the photos. :LOL: Well, it might also take a WR of a few % for remodeling and to update a few things, but those are just minor details, of course. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I retook the test, but for a couple of questions, chose something else that would also work for me. I came out with Mid-Century Modern. I guess I can live with that too.

Last edited:
I did have a French Country kitchen in my previous home. My new home is more modern although my living room furniture is traditional. If something was so clean and uncluttered that it looked sterile, I wouldn't relax.

It says:

Your style is Old World, New Way Deep, rich and regal but muted for a time-worn effect. Finishes are distressed, woodwork is rough-hewn. A lived-in but luxurious old world.

Huh? I like wood finishes but not distressed wood. (Why pay someone to beat my furniture with chains?)

And whoever decorated those places has taste and style. Ain't none of that around here.

DW did the quiz, pegged her as Mid-Century modern, I was Arts & Crafts. Rut-row, we can't live together! Where will she live?

I was all over the place....kinda like me.

Your style is Eclectic
Anything goes as long as it goes together. Blending different eras and styles with a single statement. My home has Eclectic Style.

I got the same as Nords, Spanish style hacienda. But almost all the choices were "if I have to choose one of these, I'll pick this one". I agree, they missed the whole beach casual lifestyle.

I got Eclectic, no surprise. Eclectic is a catch-all that means "We can't quite label you."

Problem is, it was all about the inside of the house. Me, I spend every spare minute outdoors. I'm all about setting and external features.

Amethyst

Your style is Mid-Century Mod

Open, airy, organic spaces, all about form and function. Sophisticated and sleek yet approachable, alluring. My home is Mid-Century Modern.

Yet like others, I did not see some of what I wanted.... like decorate... heck, NONE of what was shown I would decorate with....

Thats how I came out and I share your sentiments. Sent it to DW to take, but haven't seen her results yet.

Your style is Mediterranean-Inspired

Vibrant, yet tranquil. Rustic textures and soothing colors echo the sea and sky. An ornate space inspired by nature. Tuscan and Mediterranean stylings.

Yep, hit it spot on.

Back
Top Bottom