Hiding behind pseudo names

If Dawg is Keith and UncleMick is Mick, I must be (C)harley Watts. Please allow me to introduce myself...

All right I'll fess up I'm a retired RN but I also played an RN in a movie . Maybe you remember me ?

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 182
should we just call you Poopyhead?

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to ask about that! :)

My son, via [-]the enabler[/-] my father has learned about the wonderful world of calling people names. Of course anything with the word 'poop' in it is quite hysterical. He's come to the conclusion that adding 'head' or 'face' to any funny word is ten times funnier.

So the other day he ran up to me and with a big grin concocted the best funny name he could think of and yelled "POOPYHEAD!"

I'm so proud. I need to move and not tell my dad where we went.

In other news, I'm pretty sure that Keith Richards has been dead for at least 15 years. I think they keep him on ice and on occasion for performances they defrost him, pump him full of some noxious liquid and then apply 20,000 volts to him until he twitches around on the stage via nominal voltage supplied by his guitar.

Awright, most of the games (nfl) are over for the day. It was a rhetorical question. After a couple of years of corresponding with comic strip characters, I thought I would do a reality check.

Maybe it was the subliminal response to that. I look at the list a lot but not so much that I have a handle on every thread. Sorry.

relax, i was just kidding, even if this isn't as good as anonymous sex. afterall, what does it matter if you know their name if they do not even know who they are? ok, now i'm getting silly. time to put the white russians away. can ya tell when i've had one too many?

Isn't this why the ignore option was added?
I have 6 people on mine right now.

I can't believe I'm up to 2,258 posts - I'm sure most of them were devoid of great insights.
Like this one.

My real name is Goonie, because I'm a goon....always have been....always will be.....and I'm darn proud of that! :D
Besides, I don't think the Mods would have let use my other name...."A**hole".
Frank belongs to a forum in which real names and contact information is readily available.
I belong to one forum that requires first and last name as the log-in username. It's a very small SIG forum.
If someone has one leg and three eyes in real life......
Dang! I thought I got all of those pictures removed from the internet.....but alas....I've been found out.

I hope this forum remains anonymous. I am quite happy to accept advice from other anonymous members. I judge that advice based on it's own merits and maybe take into consideration a little what I know about the poster from other threads. Even if I knew the true identity of the advice giver, I would have to apply the same reason and caution before I acted on any of it.

Alternatively, if we start associating real names with posters, I would not want any of my writing here associated with my other identities on other forums (or in real life). The idea that anyone can easily keep tabs on everything I do and write is much more creepy than having anonymous friends.

The majority of people stay within bounds. Some advice may not be Sterling and others may sound off from time to time...

Politics and Religion are the topics that often get people going... not much difference here than face to face except face to face most would remain mute and not express their thoughts.

Regarding financial advice... Caveat Lector. and by all means Caveat Utilitor.

Even if the advice is good... one is likely to misinterpret it or execute poorly and scr3w it up. (if they do not follow-up with more study).

The most knowledgeable on the forum have spent years in study an practice either personally, professionally or both. But even that is no guarantee of success. Look at the investment banks, Mutual Funds, etc... that have failed recently failed... most of those companies hire the brightest from the best schools.

The point YMMV.

The names don't matter, but the insight and advice from those who have "been there, done that" does, such as those who have already had to deal with parents with Alzheimer's, drivers who shouldn't be driving, and the myriad of life's issues that most will have to face at some time or another.

Finances is just one of those issues. This is a good forum to come to for advice on anything from fixing your car to what computer cables to use to what constitutes a "great" nursing home vs. a "poor" one. And the members seem to be (mostly) civil and (mostly) intelligent or at least reasonably bright.

And it doesn't really matter if my name is Walt, Bill, Fred or Sharon.

Gee, I don't know about all this. I think some of your names are really cool, like Retired Gypsy, Cute Fuzzy Bunny, and HaHA. Creative and fun names.

Me, I'm just Sarah. I used to use my last name as my login, but then I became jealous of Rich in Tampa's cool name so I changed mine to be just like him. ;)
I'm way more irritating in person--the H in my name stands for Hostile, so I'm told. My advice on fact-based questions is probably correct, because I'm a good researcher, but if it can't be quantified, I am probably not a good resource. :)

... My advice on fact-based questions is probably correct, because I'm a good researcher, but if it can't be quantified, I am probably not a good resource. :)

Now i'm just the opposite - not much of a researcher, but am huge on rumour and right opinion. F'rinstance, i've heard that FinanceDude is the six fingered man.

I really do drink coffee, I really did start my retirement planning in a coffee shop, that is my real cat but her name is not "Fluffy." Everything else is fuzzed up.

I seem to remember a thread where Cuppa revealed the answer to Joe vs. Jo. In the interests of maintaining the board's anonymity I'll never tell :) (and maybe the hint was a red herring).

My name really is Rich, and I'm really in Tampa. When I first joined the board, another member chastised me for broadcasting that I was "rich" in every single message. Thought it was boastful.

As if. :D

Back
Top Bottom