Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-03-2021, 09:16 AM   #101
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
I don't know about the current ones, but I was a huge fan of the CR-V. I bought three of them in a row, starting about 20 years ago. Almost nothing I didn't like about it. But when I went looking for a new one in 2017, I found they had changed the seats and it wasn't nearly as comfortable as my previous ones had been. So I bought something different. But that's just me -- seat comfort on a long trip is extremely important to me. YMMV.
not as comfortable in the new one

+1
After having a good experience with CRV 2004, I bought CRV 2019 ......the seats are not that comfortable in the new one
Rickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2021, 10:47 AM   #102
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonge View Post
We have a 2020 CRV. 15k miles in 8 months. Zero problems! Has been driven from Laredo, Texas to Seattle to Los Angeles to the Florida Keys. Currently in Georgia and headed for Maine. Just now due for its second oil change.
You're so fortunate to be able to travel far and wide. Congratulations to getting to that part of your life.

And shall you have happy adventures on your odyssey.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:51 AM   #103
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
Why did you trade in the Camry? I thought you liked it.
We loved the Camry. We just got bored with hanging around the house and was looking for something different.

The Venza is a much nicer and higher quality vehicle than the Camry.

My wife just had foot surgery, and there could be a 6 month to 12 month recovery. We needed a little more room to carry her electric wheelchair
Old 03-03-2021, 10:57 AM   #104
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by street View Post
The only draw back on a hybrid is the cost of batteries if you keep it into that 8 to 10 years old. I see the cost of replacement just for batteries is ~$9K plus.

So if that is about the time you want to trade at 10 years or sell out right. That may be a huge hit on value!!
The hybrids come with a 100K mile powertrain warranty and the batteries come with a 10 year, 150K mile warranty. My vehicle has a 1 million mile warranty as long as I own the car.

There is a new industry sprouting up, and that's the hybrid/electric car battery salvage business. The nickel batteries in most hybrids may only have 8 batteries go bad--out of 170 batteries. They replace those 8 batteries, test the battery pack and charge maybe $800. I've heard nothing about $9K batteries. Manufacturers think the lithium batteries (I've got) will last the lifetime of the vehicle. And hybrids have a long lifespan--many miles.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:45 PM   #105
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickt View Post
not as comfortable in the new one

+1
After having a good experience with CRV 2004, I bought CRV 2019 ......the seats are not that comfortable in the new one
What I've really noticed about the difference between ours ('99) and the "new" ones is the visibility. Riding in the '99 is like the view from a P51 Mustang! (Yes, I've sat in one - but never flown in one.) I never fear being blind sided. I never hesitate to back up. It's fantastic visibility. It does need relatively dark (add on) tinting to help the AC keep up here in sunny Paradise.

Secondary - the newer ones (good friend locally has a 2021) seem more cramped inside. Not sure how to explain it. It's as if there is more "stuff" intruding on your space. Maybe it's the dash and the console, etc. It just feels like a cocoon. Some may like that. Personally, I miss bench front seats! The '99 has two bucket seats BUT, you can actually climb between them (if you're careful about the parking brake and the shifter.) YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:00 PM   #106
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
The hybrids come with a 100K mile powertrain warranty and the batteries come with a 10 year, 150K mile warranty. My vehicle has a 1 million mile warranty as long as I own the car.

There is a new industry sprouting up, and that's the hybrid/electric car battery salvage business. The nickel batteries in most hybrids may only have 8 batteries go bad--out of 170 batteries. They replace those 8 batteries, test the battery pack and charge maybe $800. I've heard nothing about $9K batteries. Manufacturers think the lithium batteries (I've got) will last the lifetime of the vehicle. And hybrids have a long lifespan--many miles.
I actually researched and that is what I found for price. The couple dealers that have the hybrid didn't say that the batteries were covered in powertrain. They said it powertrain consisted of lubricated parts of the drive system.

I thank you for the correction and will try to find some more info.

I do believe Toyota has a 5Y/60K miles on powertrain and I suppose you can buy an extended one thou.
street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:31 PM   #107
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Quote:

A key power element in Toyota hybrid powertrains and built to last, the hybrid battery pack in your Toyota Prius is not cheap to replace with prices that can range from $3,000 to $8,000 when you purchase a new battery. Used Toyota hybrid batteries can range from $1,500 to $3,500 to replace

I did find the new warranty for Toy and here is what I found for cost of replacement. I did see where ncbill posted a link for batteries thou.
https://greenbeanbattery.com
street is offline   Reply With Quote