Hooked up my digital tv convertor box yesterday....

Then I need a better antenna........;)

You need this.

Some guy apparently dug up a 1950's antenna, did some software modeling on it and turned out GPL'd plans for what is apparently a ridiculously good antenna and better than anything for sale to residential folks. Seems it will pull in a solid hdtv signal from 60 miles away. A different version of it thats larger can do up to 90+.

The Gray-Hoverman Antenna For UHF Television Reception - Digital Home Canada

And you can make it yourself. I imagine commercial versions will be available at some point.

I saw a youtube video last month of a guy building something similar out of snipped up coat hangers that gave him better results than a store bought antenna.

Attachments

• hovermanpvc.jpg
    hovermanpvc.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 3
Just got my coupon. Have been trying to research which particular coupon eligible box to buy...for those of you with models you are pleased with, please share model number. Thank you in advance!

I got the RCA units from walmart. They ended up 10 dollars with the "coupon"...I think circuit city and radio shack have some different models that are 20 dollars after coupon...I think LG/Zenith and magnovox are also making.....I had read reviews that another model...magnovox? was burning out after a short period...The RCA unit is ok...you have to use the remote that comes with it...your regular universal remote wont work...There is an on screen display that allows you to search for channels and set your antenna for signal strength....It did take me awhile to figure out how to switch over the dvd....I have 3 areas on the tv to hook up dvd players (front and 2 in the rear) and the like and the remote could only select 2 of them so I just had to move the cables...:p

Here is another thread with some links to reviews...

Digital TV Signal -> Analog Signal Converter Box Recommendations

Last edited:
It's pumping in subliminal messages... Vote for ?? >:D

Back
Top Bottom