Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-24-2023, 03:41 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Try to trick your faucet by switching the supply lines under the sink. The metering device is not an intelligent or smart device, so it doesn't know what water is entering the faucet. then you could determine whether it is a faucet issue or water supply issue,
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2023, 07:50 AM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker View Post
Try to trick your faucet by switching the supply lines under the sink. The metering device is not an intelligent or smart device, so it doesn't know what water is entering the faucet. then you could determine whether it is a faucet issue or water supply issue,

In my case, it only started after I changed the Faucet, I had no problem until I replaced the old faucet with this poorly designed DELTA faucet.
Time2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 08:17 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1 View Post
I looked up my kitchen faucet and the cartridge it uses does have a limiter adjustment. The manual says the following:

This faucet includes an integrated handle limit stop that has two positions. Position 1, to the left, allows full handle motion (the full range between “all cold” to “all hot”). The faucet is set in position 1 in the factory. Position 2, to the right, allows half of the normal handle motion (“all cold” to “mixed hot/cold”).

I’m not sure if it will fix my problem, but I’ll move it to position 2 and see how that changes things (or, if the installer already has it set on #2, I’ll move it to #1. That’s one of the simplest things to do. While I’m at it, I’ll check the flow rate by shutting off the hot and cold valves one at a time and see if that gives me any information.

Also, it would make sense that if the plumber/installer adjusted all three faucets to limit the hot water that they all could be acting the same even though they’re different and different manufacturers. We’ll see.

I’ll report back. This seems like a job for Wednesday as we’re expecting an all day snow. Thanks for some ideas to try.
I moved the switch today to position #2 and that was a worthless exercise. All that it did was restrict the movement of the faucet handle. It wouldn’t let me move it all the way to the hot position. In fact, because of that, the water never even got warm. I’m thinking I’m with Time2 and it’s just that these Delta faucets suck. Problem is that mine is only 6 years old and they cost a boatload more now than they did six years ago. And, I like everything else about it. Maybe I can get better results by dialing down the hot water at the valve under the sink. More likely, I’ll just continue to live with it. Especially after reading what Time2 went through. Ugh.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:33 AM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Hmmm, as a test (and only a test), if other things fail, try closing the shut-off valve on the hot water about half-way (monitor the flow with the faucet full-hot).

That should give a larger range of adjustment, and full-hot will still be full-hot, just with lower total flow.

I say test only, as I've read that some valves are designed to be full on/off, and in-between settings can lead to leaks/damage?

If that helps and you don't mind the lower full-hot flow, you could install a valve designed to be throttled, or replace the shut-off valve with one that can be throttled.

Or, in the 'more work than it's worth' category - add that second throttle valve and a solenoid valve bypass, so you can have the best of both worlds at the flick of a switch.

edit/add: Oooops! I cross-posted with OP! : "Maybe I can get better results by dialing down the hot water at the valve under the sink. "

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 10:41 AM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

I had a similar problem with a single lever kitchen faucet that also developed a constant drip, the fix that worked for me was to lubricate the internal seals and ball valve that had a stiction deformation on the rubber parts. I did not find wear on the parts but the potable safe lube did make the problem go away.
arbeadub is offline   Reply With Quote