How big is your bird?

BUM

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
After being told that only 16-18 lb. turkeys were left, a Sams Club guy finally went into the back and returned with a 21 pounder.

We expect 12 guests and want to send them off with leftovers.

Happy Thanksgiving!

BUM

We had one at work today (FIRED FRIED!!) for ~22 people, and it was ~16 pounds. It was mostly eaten, primarily scraps were left. Mmmm... Thanksgiving with your other family...

No bird here. DW is working and I am going to my folks
where I am told I can expect "turkey loaf", whatever that is.

JG

BUM said:
How big is your bird?
26 pounds for five people. If I'm gonna cook, I want to do it in bulk. But, oh, those leftovers!

Had a $1 Butterball coupon too.

About 3 henways.

Attachments

• turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 142
18 lbs and will have about a dozen people over.

21 lbs - expect a dozen people - large adult types.

Step daughter is doing the turkey (Cajun injector and roasted). Bring your own dish for the rest.

Smorgesboard (sp?) stlye - leftovers go home with them that brung em.

Heh heh

I'm barbequeing a 7 pound breast for family of 5.

We had a deep fried turkey last year. It was big fun. My SIL brought over his fryer and we sat on the deck drank beer and fried up the bird. It was great.

Only 2 problems - DW says she likes the way the house smells when the turkey is in the oven all day. And this year, nobody wants to pay for the oil.

20 something # bird at my parents. My mom lives to cook, clean and play.

I refer to it as the start of belt loosening season; ends after 1-1.

16 lb. Butterball for 5 persons. Oh, and oyster stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn pudding, collards and cranberry.
Omigosh, what were we thinking?!?

18# turkey for 10 people, 7 of whom will actually be eating it. Since I moved to "God's Country" (what a former colleague called the Jersey 'burbs), I am conveniently in the middle of my immediate family. With my parents getting older, I am now the holiday host by default. We had ~40 people in my 2k sq. ft. house for a family shindig in August! Some day, the deck is going to collapse...

19 lbs for 6 people. Gonna smoke that baby all night. Plenty of good ole turkey sandwiches over the next few days.  :D

After discovering budgetary anomallies, we're having mush, and mush with turbinado sugar and cinnamon for dessert :D. Actually, 18lbs@$.49/lb. for six people--BBQ'd. Mmmm . . . turkey soup w/ dill dumpliings after the fact. All the fixings for $80.00, and leftovers should last for quite some time.

--Greg

15.01 lbs for 7 adults. Usual trimmings, like sweet potatoes, stuffing, rolls, etc. etc.

And one helping of the Dallas Cowboys. Should be enough to go around. ;)

Back
Top Bottom