How Do You Want To Go?

Stepping off a curb looking the wrong way and get hit by an
18 wheeler.

Cheers,

Charlie

REWahoo! said:
This guy almost made the perfect exit. But he wasn't quite 95. And he wasn't shot by a jealous husband....

http://www.brandonsun.com/story.php?story_id=1068

REW
I think it actually is pretty close to a perfect exit...Sitting with your new lover over prunes :-* and ex-lover :rant: shoots you 4 times to make sure you're really definitely dead :dead: ...get your name in the paper.. . also nice to be surrounded by loved ones when you go...very romantic too. :smitten:

73ss454 said:
I think I would like to go to sleep and wake up dead.

That's always been my plan, but with a bit more flare. Brain starts dropping bits. Body parts failing left and right. Time to go helicopter skiing one last time! Fall asleep in the snow. Freeze to death. Instant cryogenics.

BTW, I read an interesting theory recently on why so many people die in their sleep: sleep apnea. Seriously. Estimates are that something like 25% of males suffer from sleep apnea without knowing it. Low O2 saturation causes the body to go into a wild ride at night (sort of a mammalian dive reflex). Anyway, lots of cardiac arrhythmias associated with the reflexes involved in how the body deals with the apnea events, and eventually one of them kills you.

You know how they like to report that someone with health
problems is "resting comfortably"? That would work for me.

JG

Wabmester,

You said:
BTW, I read an interesting theory recently on why so many people die in their sleep: sleep apnea. Seriously. Estimates are that something like 25% of males suffer from sleep apnea without knowing it. Low O2 saturation causes the body to go into a wild ride at night (sort of a mammalian dive reflex). Anyway, lots of cardiac arrhythmias associated with the reflexes involved in how the body deals with the apnea events, and eventually one of them kills you.

I have sleep apnea. What you say is correct but it also affects many more things than just your heart. Daytime sleepiness, drowsyness, lack of attention, car accidents, work related issue due to inability to concentrate, blood chemistry issues, high blood pressure, heart disease, high cholesterol and many others.

What happens is that the back of the throat closes off or the back of the tongue slides back when you are asleep and blockes your airway. This causes the brain to say "Wake UP!!!!!!" so you wake up enough to start breathing again. With sleep apnea, this can happen hundreds of times a night. This constant waking up routine prevents your body from getting the rest it needs to repair and the brain freaks out because you don't get into Stage 2 or Stage 3 sleep; the only levels that restore your health and allow the brain to chill for a while.

Blood chemistry goes to @ell, and cortisol levels increase (stress hormone). Blood oxygen levels go below 90% saturation and your sells starve for oxygen. The end result of all this is heart disease caused by scaring of your arteries from the cortisol and the depositing of cholesterol in the scars leading to blockages and heart attacks and strokes.

Sorry about the detail here but I believe it to be a relatively unknown and overlooked condition. If you SO says you stop breathing for more than a few seconds several times a night you need to get checked out. This could shorten your life. There are some treatments for it including CPAP machines, surgery, losing weight and other stuff. The biggest thing is to know if you have it and do something about it. My brother and I both use a CPAP machine and we have both beat the odds so far of having our first heart attack in our 40's like the other men in our family. With luck, we may delay it until much later in life. Genetics plays a major part but so does lifestyle and we are both pretty careful.

I still want to so at 95 by geing shot by a jealous husband. 8)

Either like Bob Hope or Bing Crosby.

Bob Hope died peacefully in his sleep at 100 and never suffered any cancer, heart problems, Alzheimers, or any significant physical ailments that I ever heard of, including the ever popular geriatric enlarged prostate.

Crosby only lasted I think 74 yrs. Cut a bit short I thought. BUT... he was vacationing in Spain, had just finished a day of golfing with the Spainsh national equivalents of Tiger Woods and Arnold Palmer. After returning to the clubhouse he simply went face forward to the ground from one single heart attack. Dead before he hit the ground. Witnesses said he didn't even grab his chest or put his arms out to break his fall.

I want to go like my dear dad did a few years ago. He had his entire family to his home to celebrate Christmas on the 28th of Dec. The next day he drove to the nursing home to visit dear mom who was there temporarily due to suffering several small strokes a few weeks before. Sometime around 2pm he went in to the kitchen to wash the dish from the piece of pie he had just had for dinner. (he LOVED his pie) As he turned to leave the room he suffered cardiac arrest and was gone before he hit the floor.

He was 85, never spent a day in a nursing home and had lived a GREAT life!

snowbird said:
In the saddle :angel: :angel: :angel:
Are you thinking about the same saddle I'm thinking about? If you are, then that might be nice if it happens at the right time.

Hasn't Microsoft trademarked this question? Oh, wait, that was "WHERE Do You Want To Go?". Now I'm a little worried about their future plans...

As for "How", I don't have to worry. My spouse claims that she's already taken care of the question for me.

REWahoo! said:
Could be a stroke... ;) REW
Well, hopefully there'd be a lot more than just one stroke.

(Hey, SG, T-Al, I've "held back" way too long, so to speak.)

• A lawn chair on the beach near water's edge at low tide.
  • A fifth of Jack Daniels.
  • A bottle of oxycontin.
  • Watch the sun go down as the tide rolls in.

REWahoo! said:
Could be a stroke... ;)

REW

Yes, and that probably wouldn't be painful.  And you might have a priapism so your partner could finish her business.

But dying in the saddle might good for the deceased, but probably will be traumatic for the survivor.  :eek:

Patrick said:
Yes, and that probably wouldn't be painful. And you might have a priapism so your partner could finish her business.

But dying in the saddle might good for the deceased, but probably will be traumatic for the survivor. :eek:
Ok. Oh boy. I forgot about this one.
When I lived in North Beach in SF.
There was an incident that happened at the Condor on Broadway.
After closing, a bouncer and one of the on-stage talents got it on on top of the piano that Carol Doda would come down on from the ceiling (she would step on to the piano through a hole just wide enough to allow her assets to fit through-can you picture that?)..
This was about 3 a.m.
The next morning when the janitor came to open he found the hysterical dancer under the dead bouncer..the dancer in the throes of passion had hit the switch for the piano to go back up and...I don't recall if she said if she had finished her business.

DanTien said:
Are you thinking about the same saddle I'm thinking about? If you are, then that might be nice if it happens at the right time.

I'm not a fan of horses  >:D >:D >:D

charlie said:
Stepping off a curb looking the wrong way and get hit by an
18 wheeler.

Cheers,

Charlie

Just a tad too messy for me or any family members that would have to pick up the pieces. :D

It's my 100th birthday. I have just checked my Index Funds and they're down to zero. I run around the block, return home, drink a bottle of wine. Then I grab my beloved, and commence sex. Never got to the cigarette! :LOL:

Headline: 100-year old Eagle dies in the nest!

It's my 100th birthday. I have just checked my Index Funds and they're down to zero. I run around the block, return home, drink a bottle of wine. Then I grab my beloved, and commence sex. Never got to the cigarette! :LOL:

Headline: 100-year old Eagle dies in the nest!

Back
Top Bottom