How much Sq ft is your home?

Also intrigued by those tiny places and aghast at $45k price tag.

Better yet, so-called Katrina Cottages (conceived to replace FEMA trailers). One architect has the plans for sale & materials provided by Lowes. $55 a sq ft-ish for materials.

Some nice plans, actually.

Cusato Cottages: Katrina Cottage Plans....
CusatoCottages.com

- Stoop

3300 sq w/ a detached 1100 sq guest house - also 2 car attached garage, 24x16 work shop and a 20x20 detached garage behind the guest house.
We have plenty of friends and family come and stay w/ us - we stock the GH w/ coffee, milk, bagels, cereral etc - so we have time to hang out in the morning & get ready for company again - lunch and dinner are always fun w/ company - breakfast.....not so much.
We own the 6 acres next to our current home and plan to build a smaller/easier home to take care of in the future - prob in 10-12 years when we get into our sixties.

24 year old 784 sq ft. mobile home on 2.5 acres, just outside of town.

My dream is to move up to a 3 axle home :)

1300 sf ranch, 400 sf finished area in basement...looking to get crowded as the kids grow up

Our home is larger than we need. We will downsize. We are thinking about a 1600 - 1800 sq ft ranch.

I didn't answer at first since I'm not retired, but I'll chime in to say that we live in a 20x35' room... and we'll be building a 1100-1400 sq ft house sometime in the next few years.

downsizing

We're now retired & recently completed a 1400sqft cabin in the woods. it's very well insulated & has a wood burning stove for heat.It's plenty of room for the two of us .Has low upkeep & low property taxes.We're with you Jeb. Keep it simple.

Wolfbay: Will you have Internet? How far to get grocery? Nearby public library? I am curious because although we need no access to shopping malls, movie theaters, restaurants, etc..., we would still need some contacts to the outside world, and some recreation.

NW-BOUND- We live in NW Florida & are 2 miles from a small town with library, restaurants, Walmart etc .& have internet. When we're at our place you feel like you're way out in the woods ,but we're really not that isolated.

Thanks

Thanks for participating, I think we got a good idea about the space needs now.

The answer probably is around 1750 to 2000 sqft minimal maintenance house with 3 bed 2 bath & 2 car garage on a 1/4 acre lot, with no pool but close to a community pool for the future grand kids.

It will need to be close to a busy & social place, as now we live in a lonely subdivision in Fl, where we see an occasional jogger, & the rest hide in their houses.

All I ever wanted was to retire to an 8 foot wide 1950s trailer house parked at a fish camp in Florida. DW wants more than that so of course more is what we will get. House we live in now is 1850 sf.
Jeff

Two of us currently living in 2900ft2/ 5 bedroom / 3bath / 3garage- but two of the five bedrooms are used as home offices. Don't see changing that much when we ER. Maybe drop one bedroom and a bath, but still need space for the computer and guests.

1970 - 3 bedroom, 1 bath about 1100 sq ft now that the garage has been converted to an extra room. No garage or carport.

2 people, two dogs, one cat, 38 gal fish tank. Neighborhood chock full of kids and dogs plus a small minority of old pharts maybe 25%.

All the houses were built out of the can in 70's and got mods over the years.

heh heh heh - north of Kansas City. :cool:. Use one bedroom for the computer and one for guests.

Back
Top Bottom