How to Acquire an $80 Item for $16

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Today I purchased an item so inexpensively that I am almost feeling guilty.

I believe that Kohl's made a profit and I believe that Norelco will not file for bankruptcy because of my actions today.

Kohl's department store advertised a Norelco electric shaver (model #6955XL), listed at $79.99 that was on sale for $39.99. I had two $10 Kohl's coupons (received in mail/newspaper) than I used to reduce the price again. I paid sales tax in the amount of $1.64 = $21.64.
\
Norelco is also offering a $5 mail-in rebate.

Final cost of the item ~ $16.64

And my old (15 yo) Norelco shaver still is working.

I love it when a plan comes together...:dance:

Have you priced the replacement blades? They are twice what you ended-up paying! Your 15 year old one probably had self sharpening blades, but the newer cordless ones, the blades get dull pretty quickly (6 months?), and if you keep using it, you're going to become a "revenue stream", hehe. I got a corded triple header from Remington (the patent must have run out on Norelco) 4 or 5 years ago for about $25. Still on the original self sharpening blades.

I do this at Kohls all the time. I'm always wondering how they stay in business.

Congratulations, Mickeyd

Don't you just love the time we have in ER to scope out the deals? and "game the system" to help out our budgets?

Between Kohls' and Penneys' (return to) coupons/sales/clearances, I've been able to cut my shopping costs A LOT. Since we are trying to downsize, I buy little for DH and me. But the "deals" make a big difference in gift costs.

It's also nice to have time to go to garage sales (which usually took place during work hours). Replacement items DH and I need can usually be found there, for .25 to $1.

All because we have the time to look.

Love that ER!!

:D

T
Kohl's department store advertised a Norelco electric shaver (model #6955XL), listed at $79.99 that was on sale for $39.99. <snip>
Final cost of the item ~ $16.64

I thought I was a thrifty fellow, but you are a true cheapskate, a real skinflint! I bow to your superior parsimony. :bow:

I am surprised they accepted the 2 coupons for only 1 purchase.

Many years ago I purchased and HP printer on sale at the BX for $49.99 and it had a manufactures rebate of $50.00. While the initial price was great, they got me in the end. Those ink cartridges get expensive.

Back
Top Bottom