How to cook fish

Dishwasher Fish

dish-salmon_300.jpg

Bob Blumer's Dishwasher Salmon

The great thing about this method is that the cooking smell is contained! After your fish is cooked in the dishwasher you can just gently lift it out, transfer to a tightly folded foil packet, quickly place packet in outdoor garbage container, and go to Sonic Burger.

(lacking in much fishy enthusiasm here - all the wonderful spices and sauces sound like they would be super on rice for a 1/20th the cost and no little bones - or chicken - or next to cow)

All the recipes and techniques you folks have posted sure sound like they'll produce tasty fish! But aren't ya forgetting something.... ? It's LOCATION that really matters. Here is shore lunch on Gull Rock Lake just south of Red Lake, Ontario. Emmmmm...... Fish just tastes better out where ya catch 'em. Especially if that place is remote and hard to get to.

Attachments

• mealcooking.jpg
    mealcooking.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 34
Hey, I pulled a chunk of walleye out for supper. I am going to try the blue cheese thing.

Let us know how that works out. I just finished summer of '08's fish and am just getting started on this past summer's, so I need to pick up the pace! DW won't let me deep fry inside and it's starting to get to be a little chilly for cooking on the picnic table outside. Usually don't care too much for baked fish but some of the recipes listed here do sound pretty good.......

I would love to live somewhere that had really good fresh seafood available on a daily basis. I would eat it more if I didn't have to practically hold my nose when I pass the seafood counter at my grocers. And pay prime dollar for it to boot. Tonight I pulled a few handfuls of past-their-prime vegetables out of my refrigerator bins and am roasting them with olive oil in a hot oven. Will grate some Parmesan on top when finished.

Let us know how that works out. I just finished summer of '08's fish and am just getting started on this past summer's, so I need to pick up the pace! DW won't let me deep fry inside and it's starting to get to be a little chilly for cooking on the picnic table outside. Usually don't care too much for baked fish but some of the recipes listed here do sound pretty good.......

It was simple to do and very tasty. I'll try it again.

The hands down best and easiest method for cooking any fish is grilling -- we use a gas grill. It is quick and very tasty. No mess either. My husband has become an expert in cooking this way, and we use the fish pieces on dinner salads. Yummmmm!!

Back
Top Bottom