How To Post A Picture

T

TromboneAl

It's easy to post a picture on the forum.  There are two steps:

1. Make sure your picture is small enough (file size < 64 KB)
2. Upload your picture

Step 1: Make sure your picture is small enough

Save your picture on your hard disk, and use explorer to look at the size of the file.  If Explorer doesn't show you file sizes, right click and choose View/Details in the menu that appears.  Like this:

Attachments

• CheckingFileSizes.jpg
    CheckingFileSizes.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 133
  • CheckingFileSizes.jpg_thumb
    21.1 KB · Views: 0
In the picture above, you'll see that the file AlAndLinda.jpg is 60 KB, so that file is small enough. The file AlGrillar.jpg is 199 KB, and is too big.

If the file is too big, open the picture in your paint program or other image program, and resize it (making it smaller), save the file and check the size again.

Once the file is less than 64 KB, you are ready for the next step.

Step 2: Upload Your Picture

Click on the text "Additional Options..." that appears below the text box in which you enter in your reply.

Attachments

• WhereToClick.jpg
    WhereToClick.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 120
  • WhereToClick.jpg_thumb
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
When you click on that, some new options will appear, as seen here.

Attachments

• AdditionalOptions.jpg
    AdditionalOptions.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 117
  • AdditionalOptions.jpg_thumb
    13.9 KB · Views: 0
Simply enter in the path to the file that contains your picture, or click the Browse button to locate it.

Finally, click the Post button and you'll be done.

If you want to post larger pictures, you'll have to save the picture somewhere else (see, e.g. photobucket.com), then link to it by clicking the Image toolbar button.

T-Al, so I am curious who "ChrisBrit" is and what "Cheers" is all about:confused:

I guess I fall into JG category when it comes to computers. I tried resizing the file but can't get it nowhere near the size it needs to be. The file is about 662 and I can only get it to 592 and still show the pic as it needs to be. When you say resize, do you mean to crop the photo? Zooming in or out had no effect on the file size. Only when I cropped it did I get it to reduce. I'm obviously missing something as I have seen several pics on here that have great detail and are quite large in size.  :-\

I'd recommend the suggestion to open a photobucket account.

Go to www.photobucket.com, create your free account.

Choose to upload some photos, pick the ones you want, up they go.

You can then choose to reduce the size there and photobucket will do it for you.

After that, choose one of the readily provided options below each picture. If you cut the -img]http://www.early-retirement.org/attachments/photobucket/img_332298_0_5202703806386af674847a19c8b6fe73.jpg[/IMG- (leading [ and trailing ] changed to '-')

produces
img_332298_0_5202703806386af674847a19c8b6fe73.jpg

You have to figure out how to put the food on its head all by yourself... ;)

I use photobucket too because I don't have to worry about sizing. Photobucket gives three addresses below the picture you dumped into photobucket. I pick the one with "IMJ" as part of the address. I copy it and post in the message. No need to do anything else.

Yes, PhotoBucket is very nice -- a real free lunch!

Here's Cheers.jpg

Attachments

• cheers.jpg
    cheers.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 109
  • cheers.jpg_thumb
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
Ok, here is a test. These are the New Orleans refugees I mentioned on another thread. Hope it works.
image1.jpg

For some reason I don't see the photo. 

Work Big Brother must be keeping me from seeing it.

DOG51 said:
Yeah!!!!! It worked. I feel like I accomplished something today. :)

Where is the pancakes that belongs on their heads? Otherwise, what's the point?

Dog, finally the full power of the interenet is used for a worthy porpose.

Got more?

Ha

HaHa said:
Dog, finally the full power of the interenet is used for a worthy porpose.

Got more?

Ha
Yup, but I'm afraid Martha might exile me to some sort of cyber internet  prison. :( Maybe I should start a poll to see how many would like to see more.  :)

DOG51 said:
Yup, but I'm afraid Martha might exile me to some sort of cyber internet  prison. :( Maybe I should start a poll to see how many would like to see more.  :)

Sign me up!

Yep, here goes my sample picture. Did I do okay? :D

Attachments

• chips_torso_md.jpg
    chips_torso_md.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 122
Back
Top Bottom