How to share a Video?

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
So, if I want to share a video can I download "Download Video Google Chrome" and that be my host for videos?? I really don't want to start a new account so I'm wondering how I can do videos to share on a website of some wildlife ventures.

Upload to Youtube.
+1
I can't find an extension called "Download Video Google Chrome", and I wouldn't trust any extension with that oddly generic name. I would use YouTube, it's a pretty good tool, or maybe Flickr, you can upload videos as well as photos, but I pay for an account there, while YT is free.

Thanks for the help.

^ thanks! DOes anyone have a Google Account? Would it be safe to start an account with them? I could use drive.google.com for videos?

^ thanks! DOes anyone have a Google Account? Would it be safe to start an account with them? I could use drive.google.com for videos?
I have one, but if you want to keep it private, everyone else would have to have a Google account, or you would have to make it public but unlisted, and trust that no one shared the link.

It would help to know what your goal is, and what you want to do beyond share the video. Do you care if they share it with others? Do you want to make it easier to watch?

For privacy, Google Drive would be best, but it's not made as a video player. [-]I uploaded an MP4 I took with my phone, and I couldn't play it in my browser.[/-]* I would have to download it and play the file. But GD does let you give access only to specific Google users, so the link wouldn't work for others. I don't recommend this unless you're really paranoid about privacy (in which case you probably won't trust Google anyway).

YouTube is the most universal and easiest to use, and although there are an overwhelming number of options even for me, you should be able to just upload the file, set the privacy, and share the link fairly easily. But like I said, on YT you can have something be not searchable, but the link would still work for anyone.

Flickr kind of straddles the line between the two. You have to have an account, and you can tag your connections there as Family or Friend, and you can limit sharing to one or both of those groups in addition to all Flickr users or making it public.

Hope this helps!

*Oops, user error, I had my security settings too high. Here's what it would look like if you used Google Drive and shared it, if that helps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tFQOo6_Df1YHsHlzMDdYof0VYnBUc4CA/view?usp=sharing (I recorded it mostly for the audio.)

Last edited:
^ Excellent advise! Thank you very much. I just want to share a few wildlife adventures I really don't care if it is used or not. I did go and create an account and did some settings in hopes that others can view it on a few outdoor site I visit. I hope they don't have to sign in to view.
If that is the case do you know what setting I need to change so viewers can just open and start without sign in actions?

^ Excellent advise! Thank you very much. I just want to share a few wildlife adventures I really don't care if it is used or not. I did go and create an account and did some settings in hopes that others can view it on a few outdoor site I visit. I hope they don't have to sign in to view.
If that is the case do you know what setting I need to change so viewers can just open and start without sign in actions?
Is this Google Drive, YouTube, or Flickr? I think YT is public by default. Post the link here (or message me if you like) and first I'll see if it's public, and if it's not, then once I know the platform I can tell you how to change that.

OK, it should be easy. Once you upload the video, right-click on the file and click "Share". Then the sharing dialog box will come up. You probably want "Anyone with the link can view", and then copy the link from the upper right!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-12 19.15.08.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-12 19.15.08.png
    222.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2020-02-12 19.15.42.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-02-12 19.15.42.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 4
Again thank you so much I appreciate the help and your expertise. So, does this host site have anything to do with YouTube or Flickr or is it independent from them??

Again thank you so much I appreciate the help and your expertise. So, does this host site have anything to do with YouTube or Flickr or is it independent from them??
My pleasure! Google Drive is owned by Google, obviously, which also owns YouTube. Flickr is owned by SmugMug now...I had never heard of them before that, either. :)

Thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom