Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBWino View Post
I'm not prone to crying, but that would have brought tears to my eyes (right after a passionate outburst of colorful language).
While I was napping that day our greenwing macaw, Rosy, had walked from her cage over to the sofa where my backpack was (a "no no" in itself). Then she unzipped the zip pocket to my backpack, removed the calculator in its case, unzipped the case, removed the calculator, and carried it up to the top of the very tall perching structure on top of her cage. When I walked in the room, she was still holding it, but when I gasped in horror, she promptly dropped it and started saying "bad bird, bad bird". She knew it was wrong.

Her escapade had also included removing my wallet from the backpack, opening the change purse part, removing all the coins, and lining them up on the carpet. Thank goodness she didn't swallow one. I should not have left her out while napping but she had always been so good.

I admit, I actually did cry! I had a major meltdown that lasted for hours. For the rest of the day, she looked so guilty, and was murmuring to me "it's all right, it's all right".

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcowan
The HP tablet is on sale for $99 now. Blowing out the inventory!
I'm so tempted to get one, but the big problem I see is it'll have no support. They're totally killing off the platform.

So that means obviously no future software upgrades from HP, but also no developers making apps and such for it.

What a bummer, cause it had such potential (WebOS vs iOs vs Android).

Will have to debate if it's worth it for the stock install and nothing else.
arebelspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
I'm so tempted to get one, but the big problem I see is it'll have no support. They're totally killing off the platform.

So that means obviously no future software upgrades from HP, but also no developers making apps and such for it.

What a bummer, cause it had such potential (WebOS vs iOs vs Android).

Will have to debate if it's worth it for the stock install and nothing else.
Take a look at this Touchdroid --Android for the HP Touchpad
If it can be made to run Android that would open up alot of potential.
powerplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #24
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplay

Take a look at this Touchdroid --Android for the HP Touchpad
If it can be made to run Android that would open up alot of potential.
I'm not a fan of android. I prefer iOS and webOS. Although I haven't tried gingerbread, I'd assuming it's not that different from froyo.

Still, if this becomes available, it'll at least make the thing useful 6 months or a year from now, when the original OS is stale. And by that point you can probably pick up a used one for $50, considering the iPad 3 will be coming out around then, and people will have bought them new for 100. Could be a decent little thing to have around.

Thanks for the link!
arebelspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:07 AM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Opps so sorry W2R, couldn't help myself! Really, and so sorry is more appropriate. Queenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
While I was napping that day our greenwing macaw, Rosy, had walked from her cage over to the sofa where my backpack was (a "no no" in itself). Then she unzipped the zip pocket to my backpack, removed the calculator in its case, unzipped the case, removed the calculator, and carried it up to the top of the very tall perching structure on top of her cage. When I walked in the room, she was still holding it, but when I gasped in horror, she promptly dropped it and started saying "bad bird, bad bird". She knew it was wrong.

Her escapade had also included removing my wallet from the backpack, opening the change purse part, removing all the coins, and lining them up on the carpet. Thank goodness she didn't swallow one. I should not have left her out while napping but she had always been so good.

I admit, I actually did cry! I had a major meltdown that lasted for hours. For the rest of the day, she looked so guilty, and was murmuring to me "it's all right, it's all right".
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote