Husband storage pods

It's worse than you think: not only have I never seen an egg cream, I've never seen Fox's U-Bet chocolate syrup.

Then I'll thank you to tone down those posts about the wonders of New Orleans cuisine. :LOL:

You're right - - I had to look it up.

It's worse than you think: not only have I never seen an egg cream, I've never seen Fox's U-Bet chocolate syrup.

And the glasses need to be chilled too, they used to pull them out of the fridge, then get the milk, and they used to "work" the seltzer stream, it had 2 strengths, depending on which way they moved the lever. Then the white foamy head with a single chocolate spot where they pulled the spoon out. Another lost art.

I've had an egg cream and also dined on N'Awlins food. Both more than once. I think N'Awlins wins!

This is an interesting observation, which I think has merit. Most women want and need to fit in with other women, and other women expect a certain amount of sameness/conformity to feel comfortable. They tend to resent/exclude women who look like they are trying to show off - especially showing off a good figure.

OTOH, I don't know what explains men's tendency to dress horribly, even though they would look great if they made an effort. Maybe they are afraid other men will think they are metrosexuals or something.

Many women I think are afraid to look really good, so they deliberately choose safe but uninteresting looks.

a

Wikipedia thinks it knows. And you probably wouldn't have had any idea without looking it up.

I also note that even Wikipedia omits specifying the critical ingredient. It's not just any chocolate syrup -- it must be Fox's U-Bet chocolate syrup. I'm quite serious about that -- no self-respecting soda fountain would use anything else.

Perhaps you should amend the Wiki page and make it accurate...the interweb world will thank you!

Good idea. I'll probably do that one of these days, if I can figure out how.

Originally Posted by haha View Post
Many women I think are afraid to look really good, so they deliberately choose safe but uninteresting looks.
This is an interesting observation, which I think has merit. Most women want and need to fit in with other women, and other women expect a certain amount of sameness/conformity to feel comfortable. They tend to resent/exclude women who look like they are trying to show off - especially showing off a good figure. ...

I like to observe the world around me, especially the attractive women in that world. Sometimes I'll comment to DW that "that woman has 'a look' ", meaning that she has a certain style, or an appearance that stands out. They may not even be especially attractive, but they show a certain style. I normally mean this in a positive sense, but of course someone can have a 'bad look' as well. I may notice a very attractive woman, but she may just have a look that 'fits in' and isn't out of the ordinary in any way. I dunno, I just find it interesting.

And sometimes I'll see a woman with 'a look', that I consider just isn't appropriate for her, and I might say "she looks like she's trying too hard'. She might look better toning it down a bit.

... OTOH, I don't know what explains men's tendency to dress horribly, even though they would look great if they made an effort. Maybe they are afraid other men will think they are metrosexuals or something.

I think mostly they just don't care, and/or totally oblivious to it. Like most women wouldn't notice or care about the sound of a V8 versus a Harley twin.

Related to that though, I have noticed that the fashion guy on the Shark Tank show, always looks really sharp to me. I don't usually notice guys 'looks', but he just always looks so sharp and classy. Nothing excessive, nothing gaudy, just really elegant, but not over done. I think that must take some real planning and a real eye.

250px-Daymond_john.jpg

1000x400-Q90_d6c3fae9333175e5a20760f061bd5de4.jpg

On the other end of that spectrum, I also find (and I hope this apparent generality/stereotype doesn't offend anyone), that some of these fashion guys, who are openly gay, just dress awful, IMO. It almost seems that people are afraid to criticize, and they get away with just awful combinations, and everybody is "Oh, they are so suave!". It is almost exactly the "Emperor's new clothes" parable.

-ERD50

Head back toward the fitting rooms. Often there will will a nice couch or chairs for the men sitting while waiting for their ladies. So the women can come out and show off their choices without going farther out in the store.

Ha

Yes, in the last few years I've been to several JC Penney's that, outside of the women's fitting rooms, have a nice couch with a TV on the wall tuned to espn.

OTOH, I don't know what explains men's tendency to dress horribly, even though they would look great if they made an effort.

According to a column by Dave Barry, the only reason men wear clothes at all is so they won't get arrested for indecent exposure.

Going by that reasoning, what kind of clothes doesn't matter much.

OTOH, I don't know what explains men's tendency to dress horribly, even though they would look great if they made an effort. Maybe they are afraid other men will think they are metrosexuals or something.
I think that's more a "US men" thing. My observations of men in other countries is they are more careful with their appearance and make an effort to present themselves in a more pleasing way. Definitely not in the US, though.

Nobody outside NYC has any idea what an egg cream is.

Hint: It contains neither egg nor cream.

I must have had thousands of them before I left the city. Still make one for myself once in a while.

While I can appreciate a good egg cream I'm a cherry lime rickey fan.

Ever since I retired, DW thinks I am doing a daily audition to become a "street person". (I'm really doing this for her to reduce the laundry load she has to deal with).

When it comes to fashion there are two things I remember:

1.) Women usually dress to please each other (not men). Ladies are quite clear on this. If a man notices her shoes/dress/sweater and compliments them - meh - no big deal. If another woman compliments them - SCORE!.

2. Women hate cargo shorts and other comfortable/practical clothing men wear.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nice-cargo-shorts-youre-sleeping-on-the-sofa-1470082856
Sorry, probably behind a pay wall.

Dane Hansen, who operates a small steel business in Pleasant Grove, Utah, says that throughout his 11-year marriage, 15 pairs of cargo shorts have slowly disappeared from his closet. On the occasions when he has confronted his wife about the missing shorts, she will either admit to throwing them away or deflect confrontation by saying things like, “Honey, you just need a little help.”

Mr. Hansen, 35 years old, is now down to one pair of cargo shorts, and he guards them closely. He has hidden them in small closet nooks where his wife can’t find them.
Mr. Lommel, who often works from home, seizes opportunities when his wife is away at work to wear his cargo shorts. “Every time I put them on, I am conscious of the fact that I am now being disobedient in my marriage,” he said.
Mr. Lommel’s wife, Lyndsay Peters, disputes the idea that he tries to wear cargo shorts only when she’s not around. “I wish that were the truth,” she said. “If he was only wearing them when I could not look at him, that would be perfect.”

Last edited:
This could work in my backyard too.. Can the contents be secured from the outside?

A "best wife" who wants to lock up her hubby in a backyard shed so she can go shopping? :nonono:

Nobody outside NYC has any idea what an egg cream is.

Hint: It contains neither egg nor cream.

I must have had thousands of them before I left the city. Still make one for myself once in a while.

First I heard of an egg cream was on JUSTIFIED. Arnold Pinter (David Eigenberg) offers one to Raylan Givens (Tim Olyphant) and describes it "...like drinking Brooklyn...in a good way."

Ever since I retired, DW thinks I am doing a daily audition to become a "street person". (I'm really doing this for her to reduce the laundry load she has to deal with).

[emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom