Join Early Retirement Today

I don't miss Facebook but I do miss beer & wine
Old 03-17-2020, 11:59 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I don't miss Facebook but I do miss beer & wine

I gave up Facebook and alcohol for Lent.

+ : I'm missing whatever hype is going on out there and sparing myself reading erroneous information

- : The weather is beautiful in Central Florida and I'm home alot more - and I can't have a beer or a glass of wine. Tea and ice water just don't have the same impact
Hebrews 12:11

ER'd in June 2015 at age 52. Initial WR 3%. 50/40/10 (Equity/Bond/Short Term) AA.
Live And Learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2020, 02:58 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I actually think that FB and other forms of social media are well suited for this time of social distancing.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:06 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

I actively cleaned up my feed and got rid of just about all the crap. You have a vote in what you see.
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 03:09 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
I actively cleaned up my feed and got rid of just about all the crap. You have a vote in what you see.
I did also but some of my relatives get offended if I don't comment on their posts ... and some of their posts are total crap. Much easier just to stay off and use the phone or FB Messenger to stay in touch. Plus I am spending much less time online (except for the past few days when I've been back to er.org ... )
Hebrews 12:11

ER'd in June 2015 at age 52. Initial WR 3%. 50/40/10 (Equity/Bond/Short Term) AA.
Live And Learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:38 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

FB is for fun. Nothing else, and anyone who tries to make it more than that is IMHO being controlling and a bit bizaare. Getting offended because someone didn't like your post? Childish.

I have a 40-year-old niece with a controlling personality. She started messaging me on FB about family matters, and got overheated and nasty. I put up with it for a while, but finally told her that if she wants a serious conversation, call me. Haven't heard a peep since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live And Learn View Post
I did also but some of my relatives get offended if I don't comment on their posts ... and some of their posts are total crap.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote