I don't miss Facebook but I do miss beer & wine

Live And Learn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I gave up Facebook and alcohol for Lent.

+ : I'm missing whatever hype is going on out there and sparing myself reading erroneous information

- : The weather is beautiful in Central Florida and I'm home alot more - and I can't have a beer or a glass of wine. Tea and ice water just don't have the same impact

I actually think that FB and other forms of social media are well suited for this time of social distancing.

I actively cleaned up my feed and got rid of just about all the crap. You have a vote in what you see.

I actively cleaned up my feed and got rid of just about all the crap. You have a vote in what you see.

I did also but some of my relatives get offended if I don't comment on their posts ... and some of their posts are total crap. Much easier just to stay off and use the phone or FB Messenger to stay in touch. Plus I am spending much less time online (except for the past few days when I've been back to er.org ... )

FB is for fun. Nothing else, and anyone who tries to make it more than that is IMHO being controlling and a bit bizaare. Getting offended because someone didn't like your post? Childish.

I have a 40-year-old niece with a controlling personality. She started messaging me on FB about family matters, and got overheated and nasty. I put up with it for a while, but finally told her that if she wants a serious conversation, call me. Haven't heard a peep since.

I did also but some of my relatives get offended if I don't comment on their posts ... and some of their posts are total crap.

Back
Top Bottom