I feel small !

Thanks, Frayne, I didn't realize Uranus was so big.

I tried to come up with a funny chemistry joke... but found that all of them Argon :)

Did you hear that Oxygen and Magnesium hooked up last night? OMG

No more puns, we've all sulphered enough.

Argon walks into a bar, the bartender says "We don't serve nobles gases here." Argon doesn't react.

Last edited:
These chemistry puns are beginning to Bohr me. It seems like you just want to get a reaction out of us.

Very cool! Thanks to the OP for sharing.

Agree! I think about how big and far away the stuff I see in my telescope is and my brain short circuits for a second.

Still, here is something impressive about a smaller star, Rigel, that has the mass of 24 Suns, but with the radius 71X that of our Sun (for an average density of 1/15000 that of the Sun). It is so bright that if we were at the same distance from it as we are from the Sun, the power flux would be 71,000 times that of the Sun. It would be 100MW per square meter, instead of a mere 1.4kW!

Maybe they should've invested stimulus money on solar companies on the planets around Rigel. They might actually stay in business.:D

Not sure if this belongs in this thread or somewhere else, but since we're talking elements,

Attachments

• bacon element.jpg
    bacon element.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom