I heard 5 people get shot last weekend

Keim

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Many of you have probably heard of the sniper attack in Moscow, ID last weekend. Moscow is well known to be a peaceful college town. People live here for the quality of life.

I live about a block and a half from where the shooting occurred.

This was my family’s experience.

It started about 11:30pm. I'd just finished some reading, and turned out the light to go to sleep. My wife and I heard a shot. And, believe me, folks, right from the git-go there was no mistaking this. It was loud. My wife said "Holy Sh$#. I think that was a gun."

Then we heard about 20 more shots. Bam bam bam. Real quick like. Turns out the killer had broken into a church, killed the janitor, and was firing into the adjacent sheriff’s office with an assault rifle.

After one burst of shots we heard a car horn. It kept going for at least half an hour. I think that’s when the deputy was killed. I'll never forget that sound. Never. That’s when we knew this was bad.

My wife and I made sure all the windows and doors were locked. Turned off any lights. We thought about going into the basement-probably should have. By some minor miracle the kids were still asleep. Since the shooting seemed to come from one place, we decided the shooter wasn't moving around.

We stayed put, and watched the windows.

My wife noticed that there were no flashing lights or sirens. Where were the cops?. What in the hell was going on? What could we do? What should we do? We were panicked and didn’t know how to respond.

More shots throughout this time. Bam bam bam. Each more shocking than the one before.

We thought maybe it was an attempted jail break.

As we watched the windows a man ran down our street carrying a gun. What the hell was going on? Who was he? He must have been a cop, but we didn't know it at the time.

We decided to get away from the windows.

My wife and I were frantic. I don't know whether it was the cold or nerves, but I was shaking.

More and more shots pierced the night. Somehow I found myself counting them. Sometimes they came one at a time, more often in bursts, presumably as people were gunned down. I counted sixty before I lost track. My god, it seemed like they would never stop.

At about 12:30 they finally did.

We saw flashing lights at the sheriff’s office. It was an ambulance come to pick up the dead and wounded.

We tried to go back to sleep. At about 1pm the sniper committed suicide in the church sanctuary.

We didn’t find out what had happened until the next morning. Turns out the sniper wanted to commit suicide and take some people with him. He got his wish. He fired over 100 rounds. Three dead, three wounded and a community sick with grief.

I thank god for the brave police that responded and that my family is safe.

Another sicko who should have been in the mental hospital BUT they are all closed so he was not taking his medication and was able to get a gun.

Yea america!

Hey did you know that Ronald Reagan was the President who go the ball rolling on how to close them and get the nuts put on medication instead of being in hospitals!! Pharma Big RX wanted this!

Quite a difference between hearing "just another shooting" on the news, and actually being there. Thanks for posting, Keim.

Keim:

Your post sounds like a "School Night" or a light weeknight here in South Central. You didn't post anything about automatic gunfire, so how bad could it have been ? really !

You'd better get used to this kind of thing cause there are lots of so called wacko's around and lots of guns around. Desparate people, wacko people, tough guys, criminal guys, accidents, family violence, hot-heads and lots and lots and lots of guns.

They have their rights !

How bad does it have to get anywhere and everywhere until "those people" get real ?

http://early-retirement.org/forums/index.php?topic=13517.msg249918#msg249918

http://early-retirement.org/forums/index.php?topic=13517.90

Back
Top Bottom