I’m going to throw out my old underwear - a New Year’s Resolution!

Au contraire. If there were ever a "no personal photos" thread, it would be this one.

OK, I saw a "we need pictures" post above, is this why it originated?:angel:

Honestly, I have never in my life noticed this. If an undie (toppie, bottommie, either one) doesn't fit right out of the package, it's going back.

It may be different when you have birthin' hips to prevent pants from falling, and a woman's waist, but everything I buy with an elastic waist is tighter than I'd like. I understand lounge pants and sweatpants being snug so items in the pockets don't pull them down, IF they don't have a drawstring, but there simply are no briefs that I like. I'd have to lose weight.

Socks yes, if truly new-looking.

Undies, just...no, unless still in package. (How would you feel if somebody gave you used undies "in good repair"?)

Maybe I am mis-remembering, but back in the 90's didn't Bill Clinton get a tax deduction for donating his boxers?:D

Socks yes, if truly new-looking.

Undies, just...no, unless still in package. (How would you feel if somebody gave you used undies "in good repair"?)
that's the debate i'm having with myself. i know a lot of their donated goods go overseas to 3rd world countries. plus, if Goodwill doesn't want/can't use something it gets tossed.

I read an article somewhere this year - probably NYT magazine, lots of photos -showing huge piles of donated U.S. and European clothing in African countries. They just throw a lot of it away. It is merely an expensive way of disposing of our old stuff.

that's the debate i'm having with myself. i know a lot of their donated goods go overseas to 3rd world countries. plus, if Goodwill doesn't want/can't use something it gets tossed.

an online search suggests donating to a homeless shelter. that may be an option. i sent an e-mail query to Goodwill for their guidance. i'll post whatever response i receive.

I read an article somewhere this year - probably NYT magazine, lots of photos -showing huge piles of donated U.S. and European clothing in African countries. They just throw a lot of it away. It is merely an expensive way of disposing of our old stuff.

90 degrees to the discussion, I spoke with a member of a mission one, of who's goals was to provide mosquito netting to folks in areas still ravaged by malaria. I've forgotten if they heard directly or actually saw the results but folks were ecstatic to receive yards and yards of the netting. Turns out it was EXCELLENT for catching fish. YMMV

DH never "buys" new underwear or socks. They just magically appear in the house. Just as his older ones magically disappear...

I didn't know that Aerides is the moniker of my wife on this site. I've never thrown out old underwear. DW, on the other hand, is the prime suspect.

Back
Top Bottom