I’m going to throw out my old underwear - a New Year’s Resolution!

It would be easier for me to give up coffee, beef, bacon & eggs and hard cider than it would be for me to throw out underwear before its worn out. Worn out by definition means different things to some folks.

Yes, worn out, is more than 3 patches! :D

When there are holes in their heels, knees and elbows it's a hint to consider underwear replacement.

Throw out! NEVER! Underwear goes on to it's next life. First a cleaning rag, then a waxing rag, and finally a paint or oil cleanup rag.

You can do it, Audrey! New underwear is instant LUXURY and old stuff just, suddenly, one day makes you feel impoverished when you fold it. Time to feel RICH!

We have a fun little game here.... if we see the other with a wore out or torn old item...
Its a sign to attack and rip it off....

I hope you washed it first. Nothing like a polishing rag which leaves a sticky residue.

Throw out! NEVER! Underwear goes on to it's next life. First a cleaning rag, then a waxing rag, and finally a paint or oil cleanup rag.

As a resolution for the New Year, I’m finally going to throw out my old underwear. Why have I kept it around so long? I have plenty of new underwear, but when at home (not traveling) I tend to keep reusing the old and “saving” the new. The old is thinner, not as soft, elastic is stretched out, not as comfortable. This has gone on for years, so enough already!

DH needs to buy new underwear!

We did this for Christmas presents!!

DH needs to buy new underwear!

DH never "buys" new underwear or socks. They just magically appear in the house. Just as his older ones magically disappear...

Tighty-Whities. Ack!

Was working with a buddy splitting firewood when the splitter developed a leak spraying hydraulic fluid all over the play. Shut the machine down and set about to repair the leak. Said buddy left and returned with a shopping bag full of used underwear.

Ack! I excused myself mumbling something about needing a cup of coffee, leaving him to do the cleanup.

I've heard of people doing a ceremonial mortgage burning. I'm inclined to suggest same for used undies that have given their all.

And I thought it was only me:LOL:

Underwear and socks are so cheap. Every fall, I buy a large new batch for everybody during the holiday sales. The old stuff goes out to make room in bureau drawers for...drawers.

I feel sorry for ladies whose budget decrees they must keep old brassieres in rotation...

In 2020 my bras have stayed like new!

Love the idea, OP!

I'm all in on this.

Time to blow some dough! But I'm not sure where...

THis thread is useless without pictures.

Attachments

• 6AFC9E04-8203-433C-B792-7DD1567F5EC4.png
    6AFC9E04-8203-433C-B792-7DD1567F5EC4.png
    417.6 KB · Views: 37
I know, right? All I've worn all year are sports bras, which don't count as underwear since I can wear them in public.

In 2020 my bras have stayed like new!

Like this?
Awesome vintage, used to wear them in my days of Alaskan winters.

Seems nowadays there are some enterprising lasses sellinng their used knickers.

Last edited by a moderator:

And, oftentimes, they're still in them.

Dear Old Dad - definitely LBYM - used to wear his stuff until it was more like gauze than fabric. After he passed away we found never-opened underwear in his dresser drawer that I know my Mom gave him. She died in 1995. Bless his heart!

When I traveled to Tokyo on business the client told us you could get anything, including the above, in a vending machine there. I never ran across this particular item but I could believe him after seeing what else was available.

^^^^ this guy gets it. :D

A pure frugal voice in a sudden sea of spendthrift underwear wastrels.. :LOL:

Jerry Lewis always wore new socks. After feeling a hole in a sock this morning and looking at my new six pack of Costco Pumas, I figured I could do that for ~$500/yr. I just ran it by FireCalc and I could have NEW SOCKS EVERYDAY and still be at 250%. Lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom