Join Early Retirement Today

I Must be a Genius!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

I Must be a Genius!

Gene Expression: Intercourse and Intelligence

Mike D.
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Or a moron

2Cor521

(BTW, me too.)
"At times the world can seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe us when we say there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough, and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events, may in fact be the first steps of a journey." Violet Baudelaire.
SecondCor521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:25 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

geez, now i don't know whether to brag about how smart i am or how much i get laid.

i usually test around 130 give or take 6 points depending on my mood so according to the study i shouldn't have sex as much as i do. to compensate i only have sex with those who aren't too bright.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:23 PM   #4

>I Must be a Genius!

Because like the other smart people in the article, you're not sleeping with highschoolers? ;-)
Webzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #5

Quote:
at MIT, only a slight majority, 51%, have had intercourse
Finally, I can claim to be a minority.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:48 AM   #6
Dryer sheet aficionado

IQ: 140
Virgin? Yes

I do think though that smarter people enjoy platonic relationships more.

Once the girl is interested (body language, hints, intimite conversation topics, ...) it's as good as if I had it. (I do regret a few specific moments though.)

The nicest thing now is that I have a couple of possible girlfriends living in certain cities, and depending of how and to where my life goes, one of their and my yourney might fit.

I plan to building a real relationship with the woman of my choice at age 3x, with x as low as possible according to how my FI progress goes. There is no way you can tell if a girl is a good fit financial wise, career wise, social wise, ambition wise, ... if the girl is living the easy college life. It's also more rational to go for a younger wife when your slightly older, instead of dating now (I always dated girls 1/2/3 years older than me).
pj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:49 AM   #7

gee. i'm sure you will get all sorts of congrats from the so-called moral majority and i sure hate to be the so-called corrupting force here but if you are a virgin then how would you know if "it's as good as if i had it"?

surely there are better applications of that 140 iq rather than strategizing in advance when you will allow lust & love to enter your life. i suspect more rationalization and inhibition and overthinking than i see intelligence with that.

young love is nothing less than incredible. i remember it well. when you have that combination of lust & love in a singular relationship, it both captures and sets you free. sure, you might save yourself some hurt. but to deny yourself such once in a lifetime joy, such pleasure that likely will not be there for you later in life, what a waste of such an opportunity and such a gift.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
Old 08-03-2007, 09:52 AM   #8
Dryer sheet aficionado

Maybe, but I don't want to risk falling in love when the relationship can not last at least medium term.

"if you are a virgin then how would you know if "it's as good as if i had it"?"
Good point, of course you are right about sex. I was more referring to specific situations where I am ok with dating and than getting her love me. More often than not I like to end it there. All the romantic stuff is just too addictive and will make me fall in love (even more).

And I really don't see why this won't be there later in my life. It's not that I will turn ugly overnight or something (except maybe if I fail to keep in shape.) I can not wait to be 27 actually, so I can start dating woman rather than girls, and hopefully ahve more time to do so.

I am writing way too much now about something I am not on this board for, but one last thing: Don't overestimate that IQ 140, I have been in Mensa, and a lot of the people there have no credentials other than those two tests.
pj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #9

thanx for the instruction but just in watching the world over the past 50 years, i've learned to neither overestimate the high, nor underestimate the low. experience is smarter than any plan.

it was not my intent to instruct you on sex as that certainly is not my place. all i am saying is that, while mature love is beautiful in its own right, young love--unless you are peter pan like me--ceases to exist later in life. mature love gives you breath. young love takes your breath away. the more you exhale, the more you inhale. the more you live.

while you never know what will turn ugly overnight and while it is more likely that a relationship will last longer in maturity than in youth, it is almost certain that lost opportunities of love will neither return nor wait on you. for we are but "ships that pass in the night".

Old 08-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #10

I've come to two realizations. First, I've never taken an IQ test and I'm ok with that. I was smart enough to get into college when I did and smart enough to graduate and that's all just fine with me.

Second, upon reading the results of this study, I've concluded that my wife is way smarter than me =(
Webzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:43 PM   #11

Quote: Second, upon reading the results of this study, I've concluded that my wife is way smarter than me =(

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
No need to apologize for being a stud! I'm sure there are people willing to give up 10 IQ pts for additional love attention.
GoodSense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:55 AM   #12

For a fun time with sex & IQ rent Idiocracy (the movie) from Netflix.

And GoodSense, my wife must be the smart sister of your wife.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:30 AM   #13

my relationship defies the studies... ha ha
Old 08-05-2007, 12:31 PM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright eyed View Post
my relationship defies the studies... ha ha
You guy is dumb and chaste?

Ha
Old 08-05-2007, 12:50 PM   #15

i'll take that as a compliment, Ha - hee hee that you assumed i was the smart one !

i think for us it's a factor of liberated college educated woman vs. street wise traditional "dude" (not wanting to talk about it...) perspective on sex and intimacy...
Old 08-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #16
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum View Post
all i am saying is that, while mature love is beautiful in its own right, young love--unless you are peter pan like me--ceases to exist later in life. mature love gives you breath. young love takes your breath away. the more you exhale, the more you inhale. the more you live..
LOL! And true for sure. The only mature love that even is close to what you get when you are young is when only you are mature, and your lover is still heart thumping hot.

I can remember my feeling when my high school date pulled my hand up under her skirt and I realized that she had shucked her panties. My heart was pounding at least 300bpm! It was like a Jerry Lee Lewis song.

No wonder things tend to get calmer as you get older, your damn heart would explode!

Also (for the virgin) , unless you are really rich and famous, if you want some young girls you had better get at it when you are still young yourself.

Whoa, I'm so excited I'm going to Switzerland to get some monkey nut implants! "honey, what's all that stuff down there...?"

Ha
Old 08-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright eyed View Post
i'll take that as a compliment, Ha - hee hee that you assumed i was the smart one !
Bright-Eyed, I can tell you are both smart and hot, hot, hot!

Ha
Old 08-05-2007, 01:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Bright-Eyed, I can tell you are both smart and hot, hot, hot!

Ha

Old 08-06-2007, 03:23 PM   #19
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
It was like a Jerry Lee Lewis song.
Ha
Great Balls Afire of Fire?

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #20
Give me a forum ...

You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain
Too much love drives a man insane
You broke my will-
But what a thrill!
Goodness, gracious great balls of fire!

Tell me if anyone else who saw this movie became a lifetime fan of Winona Ryder?
Ha