If you like Styx or videos of me walking around in heaven...

rmcelwee

Recycles dryer sheets
Relax, take it easy...

A video of our new property. We are probably six months away from living our dream - retired (in 1.5 months) and living on our own little slice of heaven. 30 acres of beautiful land in Tennessee. We are so excited and the anticipation of getting there is killing us.

The view you see towards the end will be from our living room window. The map has red squares denoting acres. That is my wife talking at the beginning and end of the video.

Last edited:
Excellent. Good luck to you.
Concerning Styx, I love to quote a line from another of their songs for retirement (sometimes).
"I got nothing to do and all day to do it".

Excellent. Good luck to you.
Concerning Styx, I love to quote a line from another of their songs for retirement (sometimes).
"I got nothing to do and all day to do it".

I saw them, and that song, in 1981 in the Paradise Theater tour in Cincinnati, OH. It was awesome!

I like Styx. I worked with lead singer Dennis DeYoung at the UPS distribution center on Chicago's south side in 1967/1968. He always told me I should come catch his local band but I never got the chance.

I am so jealous, that is a beautiful place to live. Congratulations!

Very nice, I was going to ask if you bought a tractor yet; but then heard you already have a Bobcat. My tractor is one of the best tools I've ever bought. 30 acres will find lots of uses.

Is my memory right that you are setting up a mobile home to live in while the house is being built? Or was that a different person?

Very nice, I was going to ask if you bought a tractor yet; but then heard you already have a Bobcat. My tractor is one of the best tools I've ever bought. 30 acres will find lots of uses.

Is my memory right that you are setting up a mobile home to live in while the house is being built? Or was that a different person?

Bunny, my wife, is saying that more than likely I will by a Bobcat. I don't have anything yet. Well, I do have my grandfather's 1940 something tractor. One of my first jobs will be to restore it and use it around the farm. Dad and Grandpa the day we picked up the tractor:

Attachments

• tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
Lovely property! Enjoy this next time in your life.

Congratulations! :flowers:

Are y'all going to name your property?

Around here, it's a common thing to do. I live about 10 miles from Southfork Ranch. My dh told me we should name ours Tater Haven. :ermm:

Wow, that is so nice. You are going to love it there. Great choice of music.

Nice! Lots of room for planting, and a solar farm.

Great taste in land and music! I long to leave SoCal after 56 years, and move to either TN or states in the area. Hopefully someday soon. In the meantime, best of luck with construction, etc.

I agree with the naming convention. I want to do "springboard notch"
An old time logger would know the reference. I will find an old cedar stump and use it and a springboard to support the sign.

Last edited:
Bunny, my wife, is saying that more than likely I will by a Bobcat. I don't have anything yet. Well, I do have my grandfather's 1940 something tractor. One of my first jobs will be to restore it and use it around the farm. Dad and Grandpa the day we picked up the tractor:

Gotta love a place with some acres. Those old tractors are notable for their Armstrong steering -- probably a good thing if you like an upper-body workout.

Around here, it's a common thing to do. I live about 10 miles from Southfork Ranch. My dh told me we should name ours Tater Haven. :ermm:

I’ll be darn. I live roughly 10 miles from Southfork myself. I’m sure in a different direction but hey..small world

Looks amazing. DH wants to look in TN for our retirement home.

I saw them, and that song, in 1981 in the Paradise Theater tour in Cincinnati, OH. It was awesome!
I saw them live in April 1973, at the peak of their abilities, they put on a great show. DeYoung had just joined and Tommy Shaw was still in, before DeYoung got big head and ruined Styx…

I saw them live in April 1973, at the peak of their abilities, they put on a great show. DeYoung had just joined and Tommy Shaw was still in, before DeYoung got big head and ruined Styx…

They are still playing gigs, but without DeYoung of course.

They are still playing gigs, but without DeYoung of course.
I’m guessing they’re shows aren’t anything like what I saw in 1973…

Last edited:

As stated before, my wife's name is Bunny. The official postal address of the road we are walking up in the video is Bunny Trail. I think I will call the house The Bunny Ranch. I laugh to myself every time I think of it.

Back
Top Bottom