I'm in NC right now, on vacation....

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
And I'm piggybacked onto an open linksys network in an adjacent beach house. I couldnt wait to get to the coffee house for internet access!

The first day here was a bit depressing....nearly 85 degrees, but very windy and cloudy...so it felt at times like you needed a long sleeve shirt on the beach...no joke. It brightened up later though and it gave me a nice sunburn

I made margaritas with all of the ingredients I had on-hand today...and I knocked everyone out by 9:45pm!!! So I took a solo walk on the beach and decided to post here before I crashed.

TTYL

Notice any Sea turtle nests? Usually the watchers are holding vigil at night, especially around the full moon. Should be active around now.

Any surf fisherman out there? If so bring out a chair, rod, and beer. Make friends - thats what the beer is for. Let them show you the right tackle and bait (makes all the difference). Have fun.

a few surf fisherman, but i didnt have any gear, or a license which is now required . no luck though....i did ask

the sea was very rough, big waves from wednesday on...the 40 yd wide beach eroded to 5 yd over a 2 day period. we left a day early because we're beach bums and 75 degrees with 30 mph winds wasnt cutting it!

BUT it was a great family vacation...my son's first

I hope a part of that eroded beach had a small but deep hole in the sand, filled with strawberry puree...

:2funny:

I hope a part of that eroded beach had a small but deep hole in the sand, filled with strawberry puree...

:2funny:

oh did it ever. cant believe i forgot whipped cream until the 3rd day.... a few squirts before the blending, and a bit on the top makes it OOOHHHHH so good

A License to g-g-g-go surf-f-f-f-fishing in the OCEAN!?!?!?!?!

I'm going to jail

oh did it ever. cant believe i forgot whipped cream until the 3rd day.... a few squirts before the blending, and a bit on the top makes it OOOHHHHH so good

This is actually your girlfriend posting under your user name, isnt it?

Yeah ok, nice small fishing area for them to patrol - it's only the ocean guys.

They patrol the beaches and the docks where you would have to land a boat. Washington also has Fish and Game laws that would make the old USSR proud. It is the main reason why I am not so fond of hunting and fishing as I once was. Still it's true that casting into the surf is a fine way to spend a morning or tide change!

The gear, licenses and tags/punchcards are expensive, and it is time consuming- I want a decent poundage of fresh meat or fish for my efforts. Add to that that fish cops carry guns and are as annoying as any other cops, plus they have this exalted sense of the divine importance of their mission. As far as I know a fish cop or game warden needs no reasonable cause to conduct a search. Hey, you are coming off the water, let me search your boat! Yuck!

Ha

The gear, licenses and tags/punchcards are expensive, and it is time consuming- I want a decent poundage of fresh meat or fish for my efforts. Add to that that fish cops carry guns and are as annoying as any other cops, plus they have this exalted sense of the divine importance of their mission. As far as I know a fish cop or game warden needs no reasonable cause to conduct a search. Hey, you are coming off the water, let me search your boat! Yuck!

Ha

I will have to agree with you on that one Ha. Of all of the law enforcement encounters I have had, the Game Wardens were by far the worst. I had one experience when I was 11 or 12. I was doing wrong by fishing in a private lake but I had a fishing license and we weren't keeping any fish. We were just young kids and wanted a place to fish. The Game Warden came up from behind us like a some terrorism exercise. Scared the sh!t out of us. Treated us as if we were young bank robbers or something, even cursed at us. Very power hungry people indeed....

Back
Top Bottom