Join Early Retirement Today

I'm in NC right now, on vacation....
Old 06-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I'm in NC right now, on vacation....

And I'm piggybacked onto an open linksys network in an adjacent beach house. I couldnt wait to get to the coffee house for internet access!

The first day here was a bit depressing....nearly 85 degrees, but very windy and cloudy...so it felt at times like you needed a long sleeve shirt on the beach...no joke. It brightened up later though and it gave me a nice sunburn

I made margaritas with all of the ingredients I had on-hand today...and I knocked everyone out by 9:45pm!!! So I took a solo walk on the beach and decided to post here before I crashed.

TTYL
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2007, 09:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
...and I knocked everyone out by 9:45pm!!! So I took a solo walk on the beach and decided to post here before I crashed.
Nothing quite like a nice peaceful walk on the beach at night to relax!

Hope you enjoy your vacation!
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #3

Notice any Sea turtle nests? Usually the watchers are holding vigil at night, especially around the full moon. Should be active around now.

Any surf fisherman out there? If so bring out a chair, rod, and beer. Make friends - thats what the beer is for. Let them show you the right tackle and bait (makes all the difference). Have fun.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #4

a few surf fisherman, but i didnt have any gear, or a license which is now required . no luck though....i did ask

the sea was very rough, big waves from wednesday on...the 40 yd wide beach eroded to 5 yd over a 2 day period. we left a day early because we're beach bums and 75 degrees with 30 mph winds wasnt cutting it!

BUT it was a great family vacation...my son's first
Old 06-16-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I hope a part of that eroded beach had a small but deep hole in the sand, filled with strawberry puree...

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
I hope a part of that eroded beach had a small but deep hole in the sand, filled with strawberry puree...

oh did it ever. cant believe i forgot whipped cream until the 3rd day.... a few squirts before the blending, and a bit on the top makes it OOOHHHHH so good
Old 06-16-2007, 08:07 PM   #7

A License to g-g-g-go surf-f-f-f-fishing in the OCEAN!?!?!?!?!

I'm going to jail
Old 06-16-2007, 09:36 PM   #8
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUM View Post
A License to g-g-g-go surf-f-f-f-fishing in the OCEAN!?!?!?!?!

I'm going to jail

Yes in North Carolina you now need a license to go salt water fishing.
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:19 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
oh did it ever. cant believe i forgot whipped cream until the 3rd day.... a few squirts before the blending, and a bit on the top makes it OOOHHHHH so good
This is actually your girlfriend posting under your user name, isnt it?
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy888 View Post
Yes in North Carolina you now need a license to go salt water fishing.
Yeah ok, nice small fishing area for them to patrol - it's only the ocean guys.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:24 AM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
Yeah ok, nice small fishing area for them to patrol - it's only the ocean guys.
They patrol the beaches and the docks where you would have to land a boat. Washington also has Fish and Game laws that would make the old USSR proud. It is the main reason why I am not so fond of hunting and fishing as I once was. Still it's true that casting into the surf is a fine way to spend a morning or tide change!

The gear, licenses and tags/punchcards are expensive, and it is time consuming- I want a decent poundage of fresh meat or fish for my efforts. Add to that that fish cops carry guns and are as annoying as any other cops, plus they have this exalted sense of the divine importance of their mission. As far as I know a fish cop or game warden needs no reasonable cause to conduct a search. Hey, you are coming off the water, let me search your boat! Yuck!

Ha
haha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
The gear, licenses and tags/punchcards are expensive, and it is time consuming- I want a decent poundage of fresh meat or fish for my efforts. Add to that that fish cops carry guns and are as annoying as any other cops, plus they have this exalted sense of the divine importance of their mission. As far as I know a fish cop or game warden needs no reasonable cause to conduct a search. Hey, you are coming off the water, let me search your boat! Yuck!

Ha
I will have to agree with you on that one Ha. Of all of the law enforcement encounters I have had, the Game Wardens were by far the worst. I had one experience when I was 11 or 12. I was doing wrong by fishing in a private lake but I had a fishing license and we weren't keeping any fish. We were just young kids and wanted a place to fish. The Game Warden came up from behind us like a some terrorism exercise. Scared the sh!t out of us. Treated us as if we were young bank robbers or something, even cursed at us. Very power hungry people indeed....