Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-26-2007, 09:14 AM   #21
Dryer sheet wannabe

Ah...that's one trip you will NEVER forget!!! As your little boy grows up, his memories of the trip will fade, but you can always remind him

Its always those stories that stay in my memory. I'll never forget the opening day of "Ghostbusters" for example. As me and my college buddies were going to see the movie, one of the guys wanted to stop and get a soda, so we pulled into a convenience store...in a neighborhood like your hotel was in. As he was returning to the car, another car pulled in, blocking our exit. It was an plainclothes cop, who thought we had just stole the car we were in!!! We got ordered out of the car and then got shoved up against the car and frisked! To this day, that movie always triggers that memory!

Sesame Steet will probably have the same effect with you! Congratulations on surviving the trip!
cmonkjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2007, 09:34 AM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

"HE LOVED every minute of the experience, from meeting Emo and the crew to the rides to the play areas etc".

I got one question for you son. Is Emo the Goth Muppet?
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Sounds like the beginning of a good movie.

One thing I wouldn't have done is press the people on the food. God only knows what they did to it - chicken wings, rat legs, special sauce

Don't I win something for guessing Phila.? I was real close.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:01 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
Quote:
See if you can figure it out!!!
Hell?

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Oh my gosh... Makes me a little leary of picking out motels on the internet if you don't know the neighborhood.
happy2bretired is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:32 PM   #26
gone traveling

Fed

The area around seseme place has gone down the toilet years ago. The fact that the owners of the place stay there is nuts. The days inn, Is the first mistake, most in that part of the country are franchised owned by foriegners. And it is well a days inn, would rather sleep in the car. Now for the colors cr@p at the bar. Well in our wonderful american country these days its easier to tell people hey don't wear blue, CRIPS, Don't wear Red Bloods, Don't wear green with the crown, Latin Kings than arrest these guys. Probably should have packed the car after the run in with the drug guy and refused to pay american express.
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
...Don't I win something for guessing Phila.? I was real close.
First prize = 1 week in Philadelphia
Second prize = 2 weeks in Philadelphia
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #28
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
First prize = 1 week in Philadelphia
Second prize = 2 weeks in Philadelphia

i like that...lol!

I didnt know the area was going down liek that....from afar it seemed average...and even rural at times. But looks can be deceiving. No reason for them to move though... $13 parking, $10 hamburgers, $4 pops, $12 dollar stuffed animals the size of my hand, $40 to get in regardless of age, etc....
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #29
Gone but not forgotten

I guessed first so I'm the winner .I want to thank my family and my So without them I would have never had this opportunity and thanks to Toshiba for the lap top that allowed me to make this choice and lastly thank you to all my fellow board members and especially the fed for not putting me on ignore so I was able to win .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I guessed first so I'm the winner .I want to thank my family and my So without them I would have never had this opportunity and thanks to Toshiba for the lap top that allowed me to make this choice and lastly thank you to all my fellow board members and especially the fed for not putting me on ignore so I was able to win .