I'm posting from a "beautiful" hotel room in a vacation-area not too far from home

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm posting from a "beautiful" hotel room in a vacation-area not too far from home

I am in a hurry, so I'll give you the short-version now and the good stuff later. Here's what you get...fill in the blanks!!

I spent my day around 5000-10000 screaming kids under 7 yrs old, most of which were 2 or 3

I paid over 33 dollars for the worst lunch ive ever eaten(2 adults,one kid)...the 'fanciest' thing on the table was a cheeseburger

I am posting from a hotel room in a bad area (doesnt look bad, but found out too late that it is)

I almost punched an Indian guy in his face, I went off on an older lady, got hung up on by a b!tchy customer service rep. Then I met the nicest guy of the whole trip at about midnight

I was refused service AFTER I paid for my food at a take-out restaurant!!!!

I got kicked out of a bar for wearing gang colors

I paid $20 in tolls to drive for about 3 hours - WHAT A SCAM!!!! I am used to maybe 6-7 bucks in ohio for long distances

I only ate greasy food today and paid for it...DEARLY

I was questioned by the cops

I got charged $3 for a cup of luke warm water...and didn't end up getting my money back. (definite first!)

I bought the first DVD i've EVER purchased today...I already watched the film, and it's my FAVORITE DVD of all time

Im sure there's more, but I'm tired.

I still had one of the best days of my life....EVER. Definite top-5

See if you can figure it out!!! godnight all

Sounds like an amusement park. The fun part being able to play/ride with the kids - when they are yours.

Are you in Philadelphia?

Yeah, sounds like Disneyworld. But your experiences are an anomaly - you must be a piece of work, Fed. Post a picture so we can all see why the cops stop you and waitresses refuse to serve you.

Cedar Fair Park, Toledo

:) 419-626-0830

Well, I am now posting in a $200+/night marriot suite 300 miles away from yesterday! Loving the room....the pool/exercise area...and the fact that the restaurant with the BEST buffalo wings in the world has it's logo on my hotel room phone with a speed-dial button. I feel like im in heaven :)

When I get home Sat or Sunday and wind down, I'll post the whole story! some of you are hot on my trail!!!

Yeah, sounds like Disneyworld. But your experiences are an anomaly - you must be a piece of work, Fed. Post a picture so we can all see why the cops stop you and waitresses refuse to serve you.

Yes the experiences are definately an anomoly....I on the other hand, well...I am too I guess. I don't put up with anyone's BS, however I react in a tactful, respectful manner...usually catching people off guard with my sharp-tongue and quick wits. (MOST of the time...I'm a recovering hot-head!!! :) ). I am always ALWAYS treated diferently in public because I am younger than most in my position. Whether I have money or not, a family and a home or not, an education or not, etc....I am treated as a youngin'. I see that happen with my peers all the time...and I assume it lasts till you 'look' older than maybe 25-30. Anyone in my age range likely knows what I mean.

This was just a once in a lifetime oddball experience!

Got thrown out of a place because you were wearing gang colors. Wondaful!

Geesh.

Great country no?

Okay ,now you are in Buffalo ,Ny and I have to tell you I've had the wings and they aren't the greatest but the story and the place is cute.

Okay ,now you are in Buffalo ,Ny and I have to tell you I've had the wings and they aren't the greatest but the story and the place is cute.

eh...off by a few miles...and a state

-I almost punched an Indian guy in his face
-I went off on an older lady,
-got hung up on by a b!tchy customer service rep.
-I was refused service AFTER I paid for my food at a take-out restaurant!!!!
-I got kicked out of a bar for wearing gang colors
You might want to take a long look in the mirror...if you find trouble every place you go, chances are you are bringing it with you.

You might want to take a long look in the mirror...if you find trouble every place you go, chances are you are bringing it with you.

dont judge til you hear the whole story...i'll post tomorrow...just got home and unpacked

fyi, if ou DID NOT read the entire thread, this is not NORMAL...it was a unique experience...probably once in a lifetime. Not sure what u mean by finding trouble everywhere I go? Did I mention that?

I am in a hurry, so I'll give you the short-version now and the good stuff later. Here's what you get...fill in the blanks!!

I spent my day around 5000-10000 screaming kids under 7 yrs old, most of which were 2 or 3

I paid over 33 dollars for the worst lunch ive ever eaten(2 adults,one kid)...the 'fanciest' thing on the table was a cheeseburger

I am posting from a hotel room in a bad area (doesnt look bad, but found out too late that it is)

I almost punched an Indian guy in his face, I went off on an older lady, got hung up on by a b!tchy customer service rep. Then I met the nicest guy of the whole trip at about midnight

I was refused service AFTER I paid for my food at a take-out restaurant!!!!

I got kicked out of a bar for wearing gang colors

I paid $20 in tolls to drive for about 3 hours - WHAT A SCAM!!!! I am used to maybe 6-7 bucks in ohio for long distances

I only ate greasy food today and paid for it...DEARLY

I was questioned by the cops

I got charged $3 for a cup of luke warm water...and didn't end up getting my money back. (definite first!)

I bought the first DVD i've EVER purchased today...I already watched the film, and it's my FAVORITE DVD of all time

Im sure there's more, but I'm tired.

I still had one of the best days of my life....EVER. Definite top-5

See if you can figure it out!!! godnight all

Okay! Those who guessed Sesame Place are absolutely correct! I spent 2 days at a park with lots of misbehaving children. Mine was pretty good, but some of these parents are well below the learning curve!! My son rode his first roller coaster, and loved it! We even got a DVD of the experience shot from a cam on our car (for the low low price of $17). HE LOVED every minute of the experience, from meeting Emo and the crew to the rides to the play areas etc. He was in kiddie heaven.

The $33 lunch consisted of a garden saald, kids chicken nuggets and fries, and a cheeseburger. THATS IT!!! Well, we also got 2 CUPS of water which we were charged $3 each for...CUPS of friggin water!!!

NOW FOR THE INTERESTING PART:

I made reservations at a Days Inn 6 miles from the park before we left. I reserved 2 nights for a total of about $180. For us, that's a nice chunk of change for a motel, but whaddaya gonna do? Upon arrival, we were impressed with the place...very tidy, updated rooms, helpful staff, etc. We got there at 8pm so I rushed my son and fiance (pregnant) upstairs and got them settled in. At about 9pm, my fiance asked me to go somewhere to get her a salad...okay-that should be easy. There's a restaurant (not affiliated) attached to the hotel.

On my walk over to the restaurant, I am hit up for a cigarette by a guy in his late 20's. "Sorry pal, I dont smoke" Him "Come on, everyone smokes something...yo got nothin for a brotha?" ME "NO" Him "U got a car dude? I need a ride down 13 to get a dime piece...I'll let you have a drag if you drive (translation: drive me to the local crackhouse and you can hit the pipe) ME: Get the F@@$ away from me...I said no"

I walk into Freddies Bar and Grill and sit at the bar. Immediately I am spun around by a hand on my shoulder. A bouncer says "Hey pal! Cant you read? No colors. No sandals. No cutoffs. You gota leave" Me: "Oh? Im really just looking for some takeout..Im staying nextdoor in 205" Him "You can do takeout from the storefront...but you gotta get out of here - no cutoffs, no sandals...and definately no blue" me, muttering as I walk away "hmm, i didnt realize i was in a high class joint"

So I walk around the building to find a storefront....basically a liquor store covering maybe 125 sq feet. I ask the lady for a menu, and she gets mad "Why u over here? goto the bar!"ME "your bouncer said i had to do it from here" HER " Well hes crazy, but here ya go" I told her I wanted a chicken salad and 12 hot wings. HER "okay, thats 13.50 plus $3 for takeout...16.50. You need to pay before we put in the order" Me "aw come on, i dont even have the cash with me, its in my room...you can see it from here...205" her "Nope, not gonna happen. Come back when you're serious"

NOW, Im I'm fuming. Im tired, hungry, and pissed off. So I walk out of the bar to be IMMEDIATELY stopped by a cop. He put his hand on my shoulder and said "who u here with son?" me" my fiance, why?" him "you with these guys out here? (pointing to a car surrounded by cops and guns) me " no sir, i said im here with my fiance. shes in our room right over there" him "what brings u to this part of town?" me "Sesame Place" him "you know that place is for kids...how old's your fiance?" me "oh really? I never knew. we were just here for a good time (sarcasm, couldnt help it). At this point he asked if I minded if he searched me as it was a known drug area, I advised I did mind. If he wanted to search, he'd need to arrest me and call my lawyer...I explained that i've been thru this before and know my rights. Apprehensively, he let me go and watched me walk back. As I approached my room, there were people scattering like roaches when the lights come on "5-0 5-0 Pigs at freddies cops are here" etc...whistles and hollers from across the corridors alerting everyone the cops were in the area. LITERALLY, there were people running for refuge in their rooms. Wow...seems I chose a great place.

Soooooo....I finally made it back and paid, then stopped at the office to inform them i was not staying a second night due to the drug/police activity. They said its too late, they charged my credit card already (1 hr 45 mins ago) and couldnt refund me...period. I was shocked...I told him I am leaving at 9am, and he better not charge me for a second night. NOPE. Call Days In corporate if you dont like it. so I did. After waiting on hold for 1/2 hr, i got some kid who knew nothing about anything. I finally got his supervisor on the phone, who said they cant do much because its a franchise. theyd file a complaint, but "Sir, you have a regular reservation. that means you only need to stay one day, then you can leave and they wont charge you. If they do, call us back and we'll file a complaint" ME" They already said NO because I was giving short notice" her "well, theyre wrong. but then again, we cant force their hand...so youre gonna have to wait and see what happens. i cant promise we will be able to refund you if they dont" me, very irate"so i made the reservations with corporate, right?? and you say i only need to stay one night to fulfilll the obligation, right? but if they charge me 2 nights, you cant promise me a refund? " her "exactly. i can make no promises" me" what the hell is going on here? Im staying in a known drug area, was patted down by cops, asked for crack, and you dont understand that ive gotta get out of here?" her" sir, im ending the call due to your profane language. have a nice LIFE" After that comment, i was FUUUUMMMMING!!! She refused her name and exension several time b4 hanging up on me!!!!

So i marched back to the main office and re-explained my situation to an indan gentleman who has a hard time forming a complete ENGLISH sentence. "Sorry sir, you are, as they, say screwed. Dont make reservations you cant keep" ME " THIS IS A f'ING crack spot. I'll get them (fiance,son) both up and leave RIGHT NOW if you will refund the whole thing" him "sorry sir, no can do" me "get you manager out here now, you have no idea how mad i am...i want someone who can do something" him " sorry sir, you're talking to him! I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay :) !!" me, sensing the urge to punch this sarcastic ass in his face, "thanks" and i walked away, to the restaurant for my food. I figured i'd just dispute it with american express

SO i walk into the liquor storefront, and the lady is on her phone, feet up on the counter. We made eye contact, so i patiently waited about 2 minutes before piping up "Is my order ready by any chance" her "can u see im on the phone? SHUT UP!" I stood there,wide eyed,in disbelief. She then turned away from me, and began to sing lullaby's to her children...very, very slowly.

Now I am at a 9/10 on the anger scale. I stomped arund to the bar, immediately greeted by the boucner who said "so i guess i was right, you are dumb. I said no colors boy!" me "Calm down. i need my to go order,and your clerk is over there singing on the phone ignoring me. Can u go get my order, its been plenty of time" he went and got it and gave it to me, then closed the door in my face. i looked thru the bag to find no dressing or forks, so i knocked. him "WHAT?" i need a fork and ranch" him "its in there" me" no its not" him " go back to your oom, if it aint in there, come back" me" F#! THAT! it isnt in there. Get me a f@!$ing fork and some ranch or im coming in to get it myself (10/10 on the anger scale)" He actually obliged then told me to have a nice night.

I stopped at the front desk to get the owner's name. He said "Sir, i tell u what. i will call the owner and call your room in 15 minutes" me" dont call the room, call my cell " him "sorry sir, no outside calls, i can call the room only" me " my 2 yr old son is sleeping, DONT call the room. I will come back here in 15 minutes...DONT CAll"

CONTINUED BELOW

AS I WALKED IN THE ROOM, THE PHONE RANG!!!! IT WAS THE CLERK!!!!!!!! My son woke up crying, my fiance answered and gave me the phone. i told him id be right down.

11/10 anger scale
. I walked very briskly up front, and looked this idiot in the eyes "What the $@R@ is your problem? i told u dont call! its been 4 minutes!!!!!" him "sorry sir, i forgot, but the owner will be here shortly and i wanted to tell you" 11.5/10 ANGER SCALE

Oh dear, i culdnt believe it. As we spoke, the owner rolled up in his Benz,and proceeded to calm me down, refund the money, and take some advice from one business owner to the next. Turned out to be a great guy, very helpful. I even called the days inN customer service line to comment on how helpful he was

The next night, we drove 5 hrs back and stayed near the IKEA in Pittsburg at a Marriot. Got into a conversation with the clerk,a nd when he heard my abridged story, gave us a $200+/night room for 99 bucks...got us a bellhop to get our things and insisted on no tip....he was awesome!

So that's the gist of it. there's more im sure, but im getting worked up and its only 9am!!

Wow ,both the child and the adult had an adventure .I was at Sesame Place 25 years ago and my kids loved it .

Ah...that's one trip you will NEVER forget!!! As your little boy grows up, his memories of the trip will fade, but you can always remind him ;)

Its always those stories that stay in my memory. I'll never forget the opening day of "Ghostbusters" for example. As me and my college buddies were going to see the movie, one of the guys wanted to stop and get a soda, so we pulled into a convenience store...in a neighborhood like your hotel was in. As he was returning to the car, another car pulled in, blocking our exit. It was an plainclothes cop, who thought we had just stole the car we were in!!! We got ordered out of the car and then got shoved up against the car and frisked! :bat: To this day, that movie always triggers that memory!

Sesame Steet will probably have the same effect with you! Congratulations on surviving the trip!

"HE LOVED every minute of the experience, from meeting Emo and the crew to the rides to the play areas etc".

I got one question for you son. Is Emo the Goth Muppet?

Sounds like the beginning of a good movie.

One thing I wouldn't have done is press the people on the food. God only knows what they did to it - chicken wings, rat legs, special sauce:confused:

Don't I win something for guessing Phila.? I was real close.

Oh my gosh... Makes me a little leary of picking out motels on the internet if you don't know the neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom