Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: Which Sex Is More Aware and Accurate in Understanding Social Nuances
Women 51 76.12%
Men 2 2.99%
No difference 14 20.90%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post

I don't think my daughter has the same radar. I also don't think the social nuance radars are particular worthwhile, as they pick up a lot of false signals, resulting sometimes in angst, paralysis, and overly thought out behavior.
I think this is a important observation. I think social radar (and agree with the consensus that woman's is generally superior to men.) is often overly sensitive and picks up a lot of false positives. It is like when you go through the airport security and the metal detector are turned up to a super sensitive level so that even a couple of nickels in your pockets sets them off. Sure you keep the boxcutters of the flights, but you also cause a zillion folks to angst about missing there flight because of the delays.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

A very short summary of methods of reading human body language.
Traits
I read an introductory article in Discover magazine years ago, got curious as usual , and did some extensive reading about this area of human behavioral research. It came in really handy with dealing with difficult and detecting insincere people at w*rk.
Read an article, then go out in public and observe people. You'll see what I mean.