In honor of the weekend: drinking

Intersting to me how the states with the most drunk driving fatalies were not well correlated with overall alcohol use. I couldn't find #1-but 2-7 are So Carolina, Montana, Texas, So. Dakota, Louisiana and Connecticut. Except for CT, states with lots of rural population and roads, and adequate trauma facilities often far off.

Ha

How can Alabama be less boozy than Utah?

Could it be because:
1) Alcohol is very expensive here (tax tax tax).
2) Alcohol is harder to find here (no liquors sold in grocery stores...).
3) AL is in the heart of the bible belt.
4) 36% of AL counties are dry.

Where else can you get admonished by people standing in line behind you for buying beer at the supermarket? Oh yeah, it happened to me...

Intersting to me how the states with the most drunk driving fatalies were not well correlated with overall alcohol use. I couldn't find #1-but 2-7 are So Carolina, Montana, Texas, So. Dakota, Louisiana and Connecticut. Except for CT, states with lots of rural population and roads, and adequate trauma facilities often far off.

Ha

#1 goes to my homestate Rhode Island, pulling in the GOLD! :police:

I don't know why overall alcohol use is highest in Wisconsin. The apartment I lived in between ages 21 and 27 only had 7 bars within 2 blocks :rolleyes:. I think that's why drunk driving is 11th in Wisconsin instead of 1st. Because you don't have to drive to get to a bar, they're everywhere.

Looks like we will be moving from #28 (Louisiana) to #12 (Missouri). Who would have thought that alcohol was more pervasive in Missouri than Louisiana? Sheesh. Neither Frank nor I happen to drink.

I noticed Nevada has midrange numbers in most categories, except being 2nd in Gallons sold per capita. Hmmm...I wonder why that is?>:D

Harley

From H. Simpson

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]To alcohol! The cause of -- and solution to -- all of life's problems![/SIZE][/FONT]

How can Alabama be less boozy than Utah?
Perhaps this joke will provide an explanation. Why do you always want to take two mormons with you when you go fishing. If you only take one he'll drink all your beer.

Back
Top Bottom