Incinerating toilets?

Some great laughs from this thread.

On the serious side I've heard some high end boats use similar waste disposal methods.

Never used an incinerator, but when I was in Afghanistan on a remote outpost we had to burn our poo. Basically we pooped into metal buckets, then every day someone had the task of dumping all the poo into a larger metal bucket, dumping diesel on it, lighting it, and then stirring it until it all burned into ashes. Every time I think of this, I can still smell that very vividly. I give a big no thanks to incinerating poo!

Never used an incinerator, but when I was in Afghanistan on a remote outpost we had to burn our poo. Basically we pooped into metal buckets, then every day someone had the task of dumping all the poo into a larger metal bucket, dumping diesel on it, lighting it, and then stirring it until it all burned into ashes. Every time I think of this, I can still smell that very vividly. I give a big no thanks to incinerating poo!

Old veteran here. Not surprised that Sh!t Burning Detail is still a military tradition. The process was the same several decades ago. :(

I remember years ago talking to a guy who had a sorta kinda incinerating toilet in his RV.
As I remember it, he said that he would be driving along a lonely road and hit a switch that would squirt the contents of the black tank onto the hot exhaust pipe to instantly dry it out and drop harmless dust on the road.

That may have been an exaggeration, but it sounded pretty clever to me.

Back
Top Bottom