Incredable...

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
John is a lieutenant, he has been traveling for 20 hours and just missed an earlier flight. So he approaches the gate agent and asks if any upgrades are available on the next one. Gate agent sees he has no frequent flyer points, checks out his uniform and says that since she doesn't believe in murder, she won't bump him up to first class just because he's a soldier.
The lieutenant can't believe what he just heard, so the gate agent repeats it. Despite his job counseling soldiers for combat stress, the lieutenant indulges in some soldier talk during the heated exchange that follows.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/stories/MYSA081006.02O.NZ.State.allard0810.d921d2.html

Snore...

Yeah, the agent was lacking in discretion, but that's about all I can see here.

This is rich:

'While we're at it, how about Hollywood, the Dixie Chicks, academe, the incoming Ivy League freshman class, trendy-lefty Democrats and country club Republicans?

They or their offspring avoid military service, of course, but all join in mouthing the mantra of the Great American Cop-Out: "I oppose the war but support the troops." '

Wait, didn't one of those country club Republicans get us into this? Cheney, I mean, and his crew of chicken-hawk neocons.

Their mantra is: "I support the war but there's NO WAY I'd join up because, uh, I've got a bad arch."

And remind me why a reservist would expect an upgrade, just because? But I think the agent could have been more discreet...

The hand clapping is not really a myth.  I've seem similar expressions a number of times in airports.  Depends where you are apparently.

brewer12345 said:
And remind me why a reservist would expect an upgrade, just because?  But I think the agent could have been more discreet...
Actually, I didn't see the part where he "expected" an upgrade because he was a reservist.  I did note  that he "asked"  which is something I have had occasion to do myself, and I'm not even a reservist. :eek:
Come to think of it I've done that in hotels, cruises, car rental counters etc
And here I thought I was just being a smart consumer :-\

When our spoiled useless population is dodging incoming warheads like the Israelis, they will belatedly get the picture.

Meanwhile, what can you expect from a group of morons whose highest calling is to consume?

I have no idea whether this war was a good idea or not, or whether it could be prosucuted better than is being done. But I am fairly sure that loudmouths that freely criticize the effort don't understand any more than I do..

I also am sure that the soldiers themselves are getting a raw deal.

Ha

brewer12345 said:
And remind me why a reservist would expect an upgrade, just because? But I think the agent could have been more discreet...

It sounded like the guy missed a flight and had been in the traveling for 20 hours. What's wrong with asking for an upgrade? I've done it before. I don't think a lack of discreetness is the problem here. It's a complete lack of professionalism and misdirected anger.

HaHa said:
When our spoiled useless population is dodging incoming warheads like the Israelis, they will belatedly get the picture.

Meanwhile, what can you expect from a group of morons whose highest calling is to consume?

I have no idea whether this war was a good idea or not, or whether it could be prosucuted better than is being done. But I am fairly sure that loudmouths that freely criticize the effort don't understand any more than I do..

Ha
Once again,       well said

What a dolt. She doesnt believe in murder. Well lass theres alot of people in the world who do. Our soldiers job is to make sure it doesnt happen to us or them for that matter. Ill bet this broad believes in abortion too and she doesnt believe in murder...

HaHa said:

As my brother told me when he returned from Iraq,

"We're all just pawns."

What did you expect them to do (reference to the incoming missles)?;  Israel invaded them (first).  People apparently are forgetting that hezbollah shooting Israel with missles is a response to them being invaded.   

I realize kidnapping 2 soilders is not a nice thing to do, but the solution is not to invade the country, lol.

I know if someone invades the US, we better shoot back too! like duh.

People apparently are forgetting that hezbollah shooting Israel with missles is a response to them being invaded.   

I realize kidnapping 2 soilders is not a nice thing to do, but the solution is not to invade the country, lol.

Wow! Are you serious? I was under the impression that the "Hezboys" were not Lebanese and they were armed by Syria and Iran. They have no country for Israel to invade. At least that is the way that I understand the situation.

Azanon said:
What did you expect them to do (reference to the incoming missles)?;  Israel invaded them (first).  People apparently are forgetting that hezbollah shooting Israel with missles is a response to them being invaded.   

I know if someone invades the US, we better shoot back too!  like duh.
I could be wrong, but I think Ha's comment regarding incoming missles was meant to describe the final wake up call for the throngs of Americans who haven't quite come to grips with the concept that we could be next, as opposed to taking a position on any of the wars now being featured here on planet Earth.

Wow! Are you serious? I was under the impression that the "Hezboys" were not Lebonese and they were armed by Syria and Iran. They have no country for Israel to invade. At least that is the way that I understand the situation.

I was under the impression that the people that idenify themselves as Hezbollah legally live in the southern region of Lebanon, even hold positions in the lebanese government, and that its their houses that they're being run out of. Maybe i am wrong about this......, but i'm relatively sure i'm not.

I could be wrong, but I think Ha's comment regarding incoming missles was meant to describe the final wake up call for the throngs of Americans who haven't quite come to grips with the concept that we could be next, as opposed to taking a position on any of the wars now being featured here on planet Earth.

It was, but i thought it was a poor example because the Israelies deserved it.   If you send your army into a neighboring country with the intent to kill people, then I think it is a reasonable expectation to expect said country and its people to defend themselves.

I"m not pro-Hezbollah and Anti-Israel per se, but i do think there are almost always better solutions to problems than killing each other including innocent bystanders. Fortunately, the UN, and now the US government agrees with me, at least where this conflict is concerned.

Wow, talk about a pointless discussion. Some moron claims that a bunch of terrorists who go into another country to kill and kidnap its soldiers are being unfairly violated. Promising start for discourse, fellas! ;)

Those looked like weeping women holding 1 year olds in lebanon on my TV.    Maybe that 1 year old is a future terrorist so he should die too, eh cool dude?

Again, im just glad that the majority of the world supports the end to the killing. Hopefully, we'll see that come to fruitation soon.

Haha this is one of those threads where I cant bring myself write anything nice. Long live Isreal...there I did find something!

Appeals to emotions. Switching topics. Straw man arguments. Citing fake news reports.

Yep, pointless discussion. ;)

Cool Dood said:
Hey, who says I'm not going business class? ;)
Business class??  Not if that Denver ticket agent is reading your posts ;)

Back
Top Bottom