Informative with shocking ending

Do us a favor and tell us what this "must see" video is all about. Only those who enjoy potentially unpleasant surprises are foolish enough to click on a blind link.

Do us a favor and tell us what this "must see" video is all about. Only those who enjoy potentially unpleasant surprises are foolish enough to click on a blind link.

Well, that's me. The description wasn't enough for me so I clicked. It's a 2 minute video sponsored by "safe Internet banking" in Belgium. It is intended to be a surprise.

It is intended to be a surprise.

I agree with your 'intended' description. Why should that guy be surprised that someones knows something he posted on Facebook (orange motorcycle, etc)?

Was this a public page? Or did this 'mind reader' hack into it? Was the guy's password 'password123'?

W/O more info, it really seems pretty meaningless. What is it we are supposed to do? What was learned here?

-ERD50

I agree with your 'intended' description. Why should that guy be surprised that someones knows something he posted on Facebook (orange motorcycle, etc)?

Was this a public page? Or did this 'mind reader' hack into it? Was the guy's password 'password123'?

W/O more info, it really seems pretty meaningless. What is it we are supposed to do? What was learned here?

-ERD50
You just spoiled it ERD. But, having done so, my reaction was the same -- yeah what you post publicly is available publicly and what you post limited is available a bit less limited than you might think but so what. Still a fun video.

You just spoiled it ERD.

:facepalm: woooops, sorry!

I got focused on the comment and content, forgot that it was intended as a 'surprise'.

Not my first, and certainly not my last faux pas!

-ERD50

Confirms my prejudices against FB and it's ilk. :)
Mine too, but wouldn't some of the information revealed by the "mind reader" have to have come from bank or credit card accounts? Do people post on Facebook how much they spent last month on clothes or liquor?

:whistle:Ever consider how much information a half hour of data mining on this forum could tell about you?

Last edited:
Mine too, but wouldn't some of the information revealed by the "mind reader" have to have come from bank or credit card accounts? Do people post on Facebook how much they spent last month on clothes or liquor?

That's why I'm not impressed with this video. No explanation of that, or what to do (I guess you are supposed to follow the link, but I needed more upfront to get me to click).

:whistle:Ever consider how much information a half hour of data mining on this forum could tell about you?

Of course. I'm pretty sure I haven't posted my bank account #'s, passwords, or SS#'s, my Mother's maiden name, or anything like that. I think any data miner would have better prospects with social engineering and trying to get people to offer up that info by posing as someone who 'needs to know'.

-ERD50

There are lots of short videos on the internet with shocking endings. I like this community a lot, but I also value knowing what the link points to before I click it. More explanation is almost always a good thing.

There are lots of short videos on the internet with shocking endings. I like this community a lot, but I also value knowing what the link points to before I click it. More explanation is almost always a good thing.
+1. My thoughts too. I didn't view the video.

Back
Top Bottom