Informed Delivery No Longer Working

Mine too stopped working ~ a month ago (i.e., I stopped getting a daily e-mail showing my mail). I messed with it for a few day (trying to deactivate account and reset it up, etc.), but nothing worked so I finally gave up.

I can still see my scanned mail, but now I have to log onto the Informed Delivery section of the USPS.com website. There I can actually see the past 7 days of my mail.

Informed Delivery used to have its own app, but USPS quit using/supporting that a while ago. Now it is just available at usps.com

Also, only first class mail gets it picture taken, so you will get mail that has not been scanned...normally hardcopy spam.

If others in your neighborhood are seeing the same problem, it could be the scanner for your area is having technical problems.

Signed,
Dunning-Kruger

Eureka! OP here--got my first informed delivery email in weeks this morning, showing a bunch of first class mail, most of which I had already received in my Post Office box. My theory is that the scanner was down or there was a technical problem at the Post Office in sending out the info. I hope my informed delivery emails are back to normal, I find them very helpful. I get my mail at a Post office box so the emails help me know when to go to the post office to get my mail. I also spend time at my mountain cabin, during that time someone else will get my mail for me and send it to me if informed delivery shows I have something I need.

Eureka! OP here--got my first informed delivery email in weeks this morning, showing a bunch of first class mail, most of which I had already received in my Post Office box. My theory is that the scanner was down or there was a technical problem at the Post Office in sending out the info. I hope my informed delivery emails are back to normal, I find them very helpful. I get my mail at a Post office box so the emails help me know when to go to the post office to get my mail. I also spend time at my mountain cabin, during that time someone else will get my mail for me and send it to me if informed delivery shows I have something I need.

Glad it might be working again. I agree, with your situation, Informed Delivery would be very, very helpful. Hope it continues to work for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom