Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in1 Pressure Cooker

I have 2 Instapots.

Can't say enough good about them (and being vegan I miss out on all the meat dishes that can be made).

Use it minimum 2 times per day. Oatmeal in the AM, come home after walking the dogs, all ready. Goes into a warm cycle when finished cooking. Sweet potatoes and corn. Soups are a breeze.

I recommend the basic pot, not the fancy smancy ones. Less to go wrong.

I have used pressure cookers, from the Presto jiggle top, to the Kuhn Rikon today. Mostly it's to make tender beef stew meat fast, or a fast meltingly tender pot roast. But making different beans from dried instead of canned is a great use of the pressure cooker. A book I'd recommend is one I recently checked out from the local library. It's called The Hip Pressure Cooker by Laura Pazzaglia. It's one of the few pressure cooker cookbooks I've seen that has times and settings for both stovetop pressure cookers and electric/hotpots pressure cookers.

Last Christmas, DW ordered a kitchen appliance for a gift. The day it showed up, we also received a second box from the same vendor. The second box contained a pressure cooker that we didn't order. I stuck the unopened box in the garage (where it still sits today) thinking the vendor might realize the error and request that we return it. I didn't think any more about this pressure cooker until I saw this thread pop up today. Maybe I should open it up and try it out? I've never used a pressure cooker before. I grill a lot (a whole lot).

I picked up an Instant Pot 6-in-1 a couple months ago, maybe my experience is the exception but I didn't like it and returned it after a couple weeks. I was planning on using it to replace a Sanyo rice cooker/steamer but found the Sanyo much easier to use and cleanup for most of the cooking I would use it for.

I have had an IP since May, and I use it regularly. It does a fantastic job on hard-boiled eggs (actually steamed), the shells peel right off even when the eggs are fresh. I cook beans, rice, potatoes, shredded beef/pork/chicken for sandwiches or tacos. Mac & cheese, stews, soup, turkey drumsticks. I'm sure I'll find more recipes once the weather turns cool again and I get back to cooking.

I saw the Prime Day deal and considered purchasing a second IP for our mountain home, but decided against it. I did get some other deals, though -- one of which was the Echo. I look forward to playing with that.

I had one and returned it.

I made a few things in there that were pretty good, beans and corned beef.

One time I made the mistake of putting shrimp in too early. It turned to mush. After trying it my BF was so repulsed that he declared he would never eat anything from that pot again. Don't put shrimp in too early!! :D

I have an Insta Pot, and while I don't use it as often as many others, when I do I really appreciate its performance. I mainly use it for soups and stews - Winter types of food. I think it can also be used as a slow cooker. I really like the removable stainless steel 'pot' that makes cleaning a simple process.

We saw Sue J's post about the Amazon Prime Day discount so we ordered one - planning to return it if we didn't like it.

Our test run was a pork butt (just added onion, jalapeno and seasoning) that was ready in 35 minutes. It was tasty, tender and didn't get that "slimy" texture that pulled pork sometimes has.

Today we made a ham & bean soup with dry beans and a leftover ham bone in 20 minutes. Also delicious!

We love the speed, but also it's nice to not heat up the whole kitchen while making dinner during a mid-sumer heat wave. DW says we're not returning it now.

I bought stainless steel steamer baskets from Amazon that fit and stack on my Insta pot. Yesterday I steamed 3 kinds of vegetables and turkey in the baskets and made quinoa in the pot. I also made soup which cooked all day in the Tiger thermal cooker after a bit of boiling on the stove. It has been really hot here so it is nice to be able to cook food without heating up the kitchen.

$58 today for this Instant Pot

Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart 1000-Watt

That's weird. When I searched Amazon, I got a different, higher price. Maybe you have to be an anointed Amazon user to get the good prices...

I decided to get one, $58 I had a manual one a long time ago, and it worked great. I am going to give this one to the DGF for Xmas.

It will make it easier for her to make dinner for me... I always have her in my thoughts.

That's weird. When I searched Amazon, I got a different, higher price. Maybe you have to be an anointed Amazon user to get the good prices...

Are you logged in ? Prime member?

Sold out on the six quart. Five is still on sale.

Last edited:
Logged in but not a Prime member. Once I opened the link, that price showed up when I searched again.

I wanted the higher level model anyway. Next time...there's always Cyber Monday!

I bought the IP-LUX60 yesterday afternoon at $58. I had been waiting for the 7-in-1 DUO60 but the price did not come down yesterday while the price of the LUX60 did. The only 2 differences I saw in the description for the 2 pots was yogurt and high/low pressure on the DU060 vs no yogurt and only high pressure on the LUX60.

Three minutes for steel cut Oatmeal!

Any cookbook and/or recipe recommendations for this pot? Comments say the user manual is limited and confusing.

"Well, I thought I was retired. But it seems that now I'm working as a travel agent and personal shopper instead!"

Thanks for keeping an eye on this one!

Back
Top Bottom