Investing forums?

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Can anyone recommend some good internet forums that focus on investing? Things like asset allocation, mutual funds, stocks, bonds, REITs, etc? I've learned a lot from this site about ER and would like to see if there are any similar sites related to investing. Thanks.

Also would suggest seekingalpha, which is at Stock Market News & Financial Analysis - Seeking Alpha.

Larry

While I have read many Seeking Alpha articles -and have generated quite a few investment leads from the website - you must take their articles with a grain of salt.

The "analysis" that they appear to do is sometimes very superficial at best. Most on this forum would always do their own in-depth research before investing in something....but Seeking Alpha won't necessarily get all of the facts straight when they pull them into their articles. For instance, if a closed-end fund generates high distributions, a good part of it could be from return-of-capital, while they only focus on the high distributions.

But, like I said, I have first heard about some positions from the site that I ended up buying after digging around some more, so definitely some value.

While I have read many Seeking Alpha articles -and have generated quite a few investment leads from the website - you must take their articles with a grain of salt.

The "analysis" that they appear to do is sometimes very superficial at best. Most on this forum would always do their own in-depth research before investing in something....but Seeking Alpha won't necessarily get all of the facts straight when they pull them into their articles. For instance, if a closed-end fund generates high distributions, a good part of it could be from return-of-capital, while they only focus on the high distributions.

But, like I said, I have first heard about some positions from the site that I ended up buying after digging around some more, so definitely some value.

Most of what I have read on Seeking Alpha is, to put it bluntly, crap.

I participate in m* forums. There is wide opinion, and you can probably find an interest area you like. The interface is not user friendly as this one is.

Back
Top Bottom