Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

BTW you can get some cheap stands to prop it up vertically.

I used commemorative plate holders from Amazon for a few bucks.
explanade is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2015, 03:13 PM   #22
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by explanade View Post
BTW you can get some cheap stands to prop it up vertically.

I used commemorative plate holders from Amazon for a few bucks.
A lot less convenient to carry along/travel with, but for home use only why not.

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:22 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

I got some that actually fold. It's like coated metal which is about the thickness of clothes hangers.

However when I slip it in my suitcase, it's sometimes hard to find.
explanade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:13 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
A lot less convenient to carry along/travel with, but for home use only why not.

Im cheap but I will splurge occasionally on a few things. And spending $30 for a case that not only protects, but will also tilt the awkward thing at the correct angle all in the same package is money well spent!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:18 AM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by explanade View Post
As for iPad Air 2, I wouldn't pay full price for it now, as it's near the end of the cycle and probably will drop in price. In fact I bought one a month ago because Best Buy had it for $125 off.
Sorry to revive this old thread. Best Buy still has the iPad Air 2 for $125 off, so I bit the bullet and ordered the cheapest configuration (WiFi 16GB) last night. My somewhat ancient iPad 2 started acting flaky this week, and that gave me enough of an excuse to do this.

I haven't ordered a case/cover yet. I don't need one to protect it, because I never take my iPad anywhere. My habits are to just use it right here in my easy chair. If I order a cover, I am thinking of this one which looks similar to the one I use with my iPad 2.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:12 AM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Sorry to revive this old thread. Best Buy still has the iPad Air 2 for $125 off, so I bit the bullet and ordered the cheapest configuration (WiFi 16GB) last night. My somewhat ancient iPad 2 started acting flaky this week, and that gave me enough of an excuse to do this.
DW did the same thing and I inherited her iPad 2. She reset it before she gave it to me and it works great, now. We are both happy.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:30 AM   #27
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I haven't ordered a case/cover yet. I don't need one to protect it, because I never take my iPad anywhere. My habits are to just use it right here in my easy chair. If I order a cover, I am thinking of this one which looks similar to the one I use with my iPad 2.
I upgraded from an original iPad to an Air 2 last fall. I have this cover, which I really like. It's a sleeve, so it doesn't have the auto-wake feature, but I kind of like that there's nothing on the iPad itself when I'm using it. The stand is solid and holds it in either portrait or landscape orientation. You can kind of smush the felt to get the exact angle you want.
cathy63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:30 AM   #28
Recycles dryer sheets

I just bought these two items for my air2. So far so good. Having had the thin Apple brand covers before, this cover seems a bit thick, but I kind of like a little heft and it is very secure on my wide armed mission style recliner. The keyboard is okay for the price. No heavy typing, just a bit of journaling now and then. Not bad for the price, hope this helps!

Jelly Comb Backlit 7-Colors Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard with Tablet Stand for iOS, Android, Windows Tablets
Sold by: Jelly Comb Direct Product question? Ask Seller
$18.99
Condition new

Fintie iPad Air 2 Case - 360 Degree Rotating Stand Case with Smart Cover Auto Sleep / Wake Feature for Apple iPad Air 2 (iPad 6) 2014 Model, Brown
Sold by: Fintie
$17.99
Condition: New
johnnyfuego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:31 AM   #29
Recycles dryer sheets

Sorry, bought on Amazon with free shipping...
johnnyfuego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:31 AM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
DW did the same thing and I inherited her iPad 2. She reset it before she gave it to me and it works great, now. We are both happy.
I am going to give mine to Frank, who doesn't have one. I am hoping the same thing happens for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy63 View Post
I upgraded from an original iPad to an Air 2 last fall. I have this cover, which I really like. It's a sleeve, so it doesn't have the auto-wake feature, but I kind of like that there's nothing on the iPad itself when I'm using it. The stand is solid and holds it in either portrait or landscape orientation. You can kind of smush the felt to get the exact angle you want.
That looks nice! The price is right, too.

JohnnyFuego, that cover looks great (love the patterns!). I don't need/want a keyboard.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote