Iraq War Cost $1.3 Trillion to date

Wasn't this war supposed to pay for itself? I remember the post-Vietnam economic headache. This one's going to make that one feel like a good day.

How dare you criticize the President when troops are in harms way! You'll be receiving a knock on your door in 20 minutes, I suggest you answer it! ;)

The irony is the troop surge is working, which is something W fought against for years. We just start getting it right when the citizens have finally had a stomach full.

Iraq War Cost $1.3 Trillion to date
:(

Let's see...

No terrorist attacks on U.S. soil in over 6 years...
No "dirty" nuclear bomb detonated on a major city...
And no dow at a negative 13,000 as a result.
Evidently "somebody" is doing a good job behind the scenes.

I'd say that any glimmer of "hope" in the middle east is probably a good investment for the free world's future, but I could be wrong.

Huge waste of money! Another reason why the dollar keeps dropping in value.

Let's see...

I'd say that any glimmer of "hope" in the middle east is probably a good investment for the free world's future, but I could be wrong.

Clinton: 1993-1999

No terrorist attacks on US soil in over 6 years...
No 1.3T war, either.

I vote for Clinton's approach. :D

Let's see...

"Hey Ernie! Why is there a banana in your ear?"

"To keep the elephants away, Bert!"

"But there aren't elephants for miles from here!"

"See! It's working!" :rolleyes:

"Hey Ernie! Why is there a banana in your ear?"

"To keep the elephants away, Bert!"

"But there aren't elephants for miles from here!"

"See! It's working!" :rolleyes:

You got to it quicker than me... showing the flaw in logic.

The post is not a political dig against the republican party. The 1.3T just shows how a bad decision can cost us dearly... not to mention the people impacted in that country. Yes, Saddam was a bad guy. But... there are a litany of reasons to not go in country with an invasion.

I completely agree with the the Afghanistan war. It seems to me it was the right move.

IMHO - All of the rest of the war on terror should be covert operations and strong determined diplomacy (assassinations, Grab-imprison-interrogate-disappear, cruise missile, diplomacy, threats, spy, intel, economic, etc). No need to invade a country.

The post is not a political dig against the republican party. The 1.3T just shows how a bad decision can cost us dearly... not to mention the people impacted in that country. Yes, Saddam was a bad guy. But... there are a litany of reasons to not go in country with an invasion.

I completely agree with the the Afghanistan war. It seems to me it was the right move.

IMHO - All of the rest of the war on terror should be covert operations and strong determined diplomacy (assassinations, Grab-imprison-interrogate-disappear, cruise missile, diplomacy, threats, spy, intel, economic, etc). No need to invade a country.

I said this approach was the way to go over 5 years ago. we went into afgahnistan and found every book of names with the guys who went thru Bin Ladens camps. we should have hunted these people down in every part of the world undercover of night or whenever, and made them disappear. Maybe even their families if they were involved. The word on the street would have been such that we meant business. But the shock and AWE $HIT game had to be played in Iraq. Heck the Iranians were helpful the first few years after 9/11. But then that speech by the president.

Oh well.

Clinton: 1993-1999

No terrorist attacks on US soil in over 6 years...
No 1.3T war, either.
I vote for Clinton's approach. :D

So........the 93 World Trade Bombing wasn't a terrorist attack? It really didn't happen? Wow..........:p

I said this approach was the way to go over 5 years ago. we went into afgahnistan and found every book of names with the guys who went thru Bin Ladens camps. we should have hunted these people down in every part of the world undercover of night or whenever, and made them disappear. Maybe even their families if they were involved. The word on the street would have been such that we meant business. But the shock and AWE $HIT game had to be played in Iraq. Heck the Iranians were helpful the first few years after 9/11. But then that speech by the president.
Oh well.

Where's OAP when we need him....he was THERE.........

Just you wait until the Iraqi oil fields start producing. They will sell us all the oil we want for $1.00 a barrel, from sheer gratitude.

What is this banana doing in my ear? :confused:

Sure, this is sensible, but no one gets to make billions of dollars in profit from the war machine that way. We can't even complain about corporate welfare in this case. After all, we gave them "jobs" to do for their billions.:mad:

So........the 93 World Trade Bombing wasn't a terrorist attack? It really didn't happen? Wow..........:p

It is surprising how the first World Trade Center attack is seldom discussed.

World Trade Center 1993 bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems like sometimes partisan politics interferes with folks looking at situations over time. Instead of analyzing history as a continous time line, they tend of look at it in junks of time related to their team being in or out of power.

Very true. Just like economic upturns when your party is in power should be credited to them, but downturns were simply beyond their control. Both parties play that game just as well.

:rolleyes: You can figure it out. Give it a try.

Sorry..........I'm like Forrest Gump, "not a smart man"...perhaps you should "learn me".........

I understand Clinton is thought of highly on this Board, heck he even thought of himself as a modern day JFK.........;)

Very true. Just like economic upturns when your party is in power should be credited to them, but downturns were simply beyond their control. Both parties play that game just as well.

Not arguing there..........I look at it this way:

Clinton showed little initiative in getting things done. he probably felt is was useless to fight the Republican Congressional majority........basically a bright guy with good intentions that let his private life consume him. His WIFE showed more initiative than he did, which is sad...........

Technically, and legally, all embassies are also the soil of the country occupying them. So our embassies in Africa that were bombed in 1998 were also American soil.

Let's see...

Uh... except for all those envelopes full of anthrax. 5 people died. Or are we supposed to forget about that little episode?

And how come Timothy McVeigh was a "terrorist," but Seung-Hui Cho (Virginia Tech shootings) wasn't? Kinda convenient, wouldn't you say?

It's pretty easy to claim "no terrorist attacks" if you redefine "terrorist" to suit your agenda. Unruly passenger gets drunk on a plane? Charge him under the terrorist statutes. Disgruntled teen retaliates against an establishment that refuses to accept him, killing 32 people? Not terrorism.

Suuuuuuure.

Technically, and legally, all embassies are also the soil of the country occupying them. So our embassies in Africa that were bombed in 1998 were also American soil.

I believe U.S. Warships docked in port are considered sovereign American soil. Hence, attack on USS Cole October 2000 happened on Clintons watch also.

"We will do whatever it takes, for as long as it takes, to find those who killed our sailors and hold them accountable." --President Clinton, October 14, 2000

And how come Timothy McVeigh was a "terrorist," but Seung-Hui Cho (Virginia Tech shootings) wasn't? Kinda convenient, wouldn't you say?...
Disgruntled teen retaliates against an establishment that refuses to accept him, killing 32 people? Not terrorism.

A single teen lashing out against an establishment is not terrorism. It is a crime, although probably caused by a mental issue. Terrorism has a very cut and dry definition involving causing terror with the aim to force a change for political or ideological reasons.

Face it lets-retire, your hero Bush is the worst President ever...............

Tony Blair, since disgraced, and the Australian PM John Howard, about to be totally destroyed, and a handful of nobodies, along with the American public were the only ones fooled by the born-again nutjob.

Canadians have known Bush was a featherwight from the getgo.

What a complete and utter disaster for our American cousins.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom