Is the Ice Cream Machine at your McDonalds Broken?

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
It seems that is a common occurrence. But you can check before you go.

https://mcbroken.com/

As I write 22.45% of the ice cream machines in New York are not working.
2 out of the 11 in a 10 mile radius around my home are down.
If you curious, there is a youtube about the problem, or is it a problem?

I just have to wonder about the relationship between McDonalds and the Taylor Co. repair fees. If they are not getting any of this money that franchisees are paying to the Taylor Company, why would they let such a serious problem continue for so long, that it is a running joke.

McDonald Ice Cream Machine Broken Memes.
https://tinyurl.com/37xytwry
or

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffnt&q=mcDonalds+Ice+cream+machine+broken+memes&iax=images&ia=images

Yep, lots of them break and stay that way. Wait until summer and more will be broken. It's not just you.

Yep, lots of them break and stay that way. Wait until summer and more will be broken. It's not just you.

Oh, I knew it wasn't just my area McDonalds. I received an email about this from a buddy. If I'm going to get fast food soft serve ice cream, I'll get a Chik-fil-A Chocolate or Cookies and cream shake.

I can't remember the last time I went to McDonalds, and I sure wouldn't go there for ice cream in any event.

I'm pretty sure this comes very close to being the definitive example of a "First World Problem".:LOL:

I'm pretty sure this comes very close to being the definitive example of a "First World Problem".:LOL:

I have a friend with Bonds and RMDs, the bonds are losing value but he can't sell without triggering capital gains tax, and he also has so much in tax deferred accounts that the RMD puts him in a high tax bracket. I emailed him earlier today tell him that, I know it doesn't help, but that is a "First World Problem"

Agreed... it ranks up there with "I have more clothes than hangers" or "the wifi is free, but it's too slow" :)

Agreed... it ranks up there with "I have more clothes than hangers" or "the wifi is free, but it's too slow" :)
Or "the maid didn't make the little flower on the toilet roll today." ( A real-life complaint made to my young wife by one of her high school students.)

If you watch the video, there is a part where they show TAYLOR'S world wide reach. It's not just a first world problem. They are screwing the 3rd world also.

I saw that video a couple days ago. I have zero interest in ice cream or McDonalds. I only clicked because I have a lot of respect for Johnny Harris and his work. As expected, the story was about much more than ice cream machines. I found it quite interesting.

Or "the maid didn't make the little flower on the toilet roll today." ( A real-life complaint made to my young wife by one of her high school students.)

After our cleaning people did that, then my DGF started doing it.:facepalm:
Yeah, too much time, first world issue.
Separately, the McDonald's ice cream is not bad, but way better choices by us.

As usual, after I watched the video a few days before it appeared here, my take was 90 degrees to the current discussion. We have made ourselves "slaves" to our own technology - "CALL THE GUY!" If a (relatively) simple commercial machine isn't routinely fixable (for routine issues) in house, it's either too complicated, too obtusely documented or just plain a scam as suggested by the video. Yeah, it's a third world problem - but only at McDs apparently. YMMV

My question still stands as, Why would a large company with huge resources put up with a 15% downtime on one of their profit centers, if it wasn't profiting by the money squeezed from their franchisees for the cost of repairs made by Taylor?

Haven't been to McDonalds (or any other fast food place) for years. I have no idea!

Haven't been to McDonalds (or any other fast food place) for years. I have no idea!

That's great that you haven't been to a McDonalds or a fast food place for years. Very Virtuous!
Understanding the situation by watching the video would at least have give you some information to help you form an opinion on the question.

Dunno about ice cream machines, but every Walmart I've ever been in, none of the photo printing machines are in order.

That's great that you haven't been to a McDonalds or a fast food place for years. Very Virtuous!
Understanding the situation by watching the video would at least have give you some information to help you form an opinion on the question.
Being a little snarky, are we? I already HAVE an opinion on the question. "Is the Ice Cream Machine at your McDonalds Broken?" I gave you the exact answer to that question (which I guess was not your real question but it was the question you chose). My answer was not to parade my wonderfulness or to virtue signal.

Sorry but I am not going to listen to a half hour video on command. I listened to about 5 minutes of it but to me it seemed to be a bit naive and tedious. But then, I am of the somewhat unusual opinion that large corporations are not generally run by choirboys.

Let us all rejoice together in the joy of a Big Mac (with the ever so delicious fries) and leave this ice cream messiness behind us.

Let us all rejoice together in the joy of a Big Mac (with the ever so delicious fries) and leave this ice cream messiness behind us.
I wish I could eat that stuff! I would if it didn't make me gain weight.

Secret codes. Legal threats. Betrayal. How one couple built a device to fix McDonald’s notoriously broken soft-serve machines -- and how the fast-food giant froze them out.

Press the cone icon on the screen of the Taylor C602 digital ice cream machine, he explains, then tap the buttons that show a snowflake and a milkshake to set the digits on the screen to 5, then 2, then 3, then 1. After that precise series of no fewer than 16 button presses, a menu magically unlocks. Only with this cheat code can you access the machine’s vital signs: everything from the viscosity setting for its milk and sugar ingredients to the temperature of the glycol flowing through its heating element to the meanings of its many sphinxlike error messages.

“No one at McDonald’s or Taylor will explain why there’s a secret, undisclosed menu," O’Sullivan wrote in one of the first, cryptic text messages I received from him earlier this year.

Being a little snarky, are we? I already HAVE an opinion on the question. "Is the Ice Cream Machine at your McDonalds Broken?" I gave you the exact answer to that question (which I guess was not your real question but it was the question you chose). My answer was not to parade my wonderfulness or to virtue signal.

Sorry but I am not going to listen to a half hour video on command. I listened to about 5 minutes of it but to me it seemed to be a bit naive and tedious. But then, I am of the somewhat unusual opinion that large corporations are not generally run by choirboys.

Ha, ha, ha - why would one even feel compelled to have an opinion on the problem?

Another non-McDonalds or other big chain fast food place visitor for decades.

Reactions: W2R
DANGIT! Thanks to this, there’s nothing I want more at the moment than a McD’s soft serve ice cream. I hadn’t even thought of it in years,

Back
Top Bottom