Is there a "Make it Yourself" Book/Guide/Resource

nico08

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi:

I was just wondering anyone knew of a book, guide or other resource tool where I could learn how to make things myself. The types of things I am thinking about are- laundry detergent, shower and toilet cleansers, wood polish, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, makeup and makeup remover, simple furniture, dishwasher detergent, plant fertilizer, etc.

These are only the things I can think of off the top of my head. I would look each up individually on the internet, but it would be nice to have a resource where the recipes/instructions are already compiled. Thank you.

Let me know if you find it. As of now, Google is your friend and once you do each a few times it will be no big deal to remember in the future.

There are many websites that discuss this "frugal" living concept. I found a few:

Do It Yourself

MaryJanesFarm | Farmgirl Connection
(look in the chatroom)

Chickens in the Road | Author Suzanne McMinn
(just printed off a recipe for a brown sugar facial scrub today)

Some of these "recipes" I find in chatrooms, and others are in blogs. Honestly, I've never found just one site that has everything - it all depends on what I'm doing.

I'd have to say for me, Google is my friend. It's just as easy for me to google what I'm looking for as it is to remember the name of a particular site I've bookmarked.

Let us know what you find.

Frugal Village Forums
Simple Living Forums

I just google it and bookmark the various sites that come up.

I was just wondering anyone knew of a book, guide or other resource tool where I could learn how to make things myself. The types of things I am thinking about are- laundry detergent, shower and toilet cleansers, wood polish, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, makeup and makeup remover, simple furniture, dishwasher detergent, plant fertilizer, etc.

These are only the things I can think of off the top of my head. I would look each up individually on the internet, but it would be nice to have a resource where the recipes/instructions are already compiled. Thank you.

Back in the day it was Mother Earth News. I see they're still in business.
http://www.motherearthnews.com/

Tyro

Back
Top Bottom