Is This Story Too Gross?

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm releasing my latest book, Yesterday's Thief, on Feb 11, and to people who buy it in the first week, I'm sending a short companion book about the technology described in YT.

I thought I'd include this story, but I'm worried it might be too gross. Let me know what you think.
A few years ago, I was playing trombone at a big-band gig. While setting up, the trumpet player told us about something that had happened a few hours earlier at his construction job. It’s a little gross, so you may want to skip to the next chapter, but apparently, one of the guy’s fellow workers cut off one of his fingers. The finger fell on the ground and, here’s the gross part, the worker’s dog ate it.

Now, the bass player on this gig was a heavyset guy named Barron. Barron hardly ever says anything, and when he’s playing the bass, he looks like he’s sleeping. Barron takes a breath, and I’m expecting him to say something like, “Oh. Poor guy!” or “What a shame.”

But instead, Barron says, as he’s setting up his music, “I guess he gave him the finger.”

You might recognize that. I stole the line, and had Stan speak it in the first scene of Yesterday’s Thief. So thanks, Barron, for a funny line.

By the way, a vet recovered the finger and a doctor sewed it back on. Actually, I made that up to give the story a happy ending. I don’t really know what happened to the finger.​

Perhaps the dog's ahead of its time.....and went digit-al?

I don't see the point of the story, so IMHO it's gratuitous violence.

:hide:

Lena also gives it the thumbs down.

If you publish it then it will be a finger print.

My ex-mistress shot her index finger off with a pistol, spent 80k on PS having a new one constructed from her big toe, I still think the "finger puppet" she wore during the surgeries was cuter.

Back
Top Bottom