Votes: 4 10.3%
  • It is partially COLA'd

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • It is fully COLA'd

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
This is almost correct. On the day that I retire they calculate my pension amount. If it the amount is $50,000, then I get an immediate 4% bump so in the first year I get $52,000. The COLA increase continues to be an additional $2000 every year.
I'm still confused. When I retire, they will calculate my pension, and that's how much it is. Why isn't this just called a starting pension benefit of $52,000? Is it so your annual increase in later years is $2000, not $2080 (4% of $52K)?

I'm still confused. When I retire, they will calculate my pension, and that's how much it is. Why isn't this just called a starting pension benefit of $52,000? Is it so your annual increase in later years is $2000, not $2080 (4% of $52K)?

I get the annual increase of 4% of the original pension amount....but instead of waiting a year to get my first increase, I get it on day 1. I dont know why that is.

DH's pension (state of Ohio) is COLAed 3% based on the original amount. Every year the amount is the same, no compounding.

Back
Top Bottom