items for sale

kitesurfer2

Recycles dryer sheets
I wish there was a 4 sale section. many on here have nice things...and many have money laying about. I'm always interested in what people are selling.

Wait ... I thought the "Last Thing I Bought From Amazon" thread is the for sale section :D.

I've had a lot of fun and made some pin money selling stuff on eBay.

We could call a new forum here "eRBay." But I don't think the mod team is paid enough to deal with that.

I actually bought something from another member here about five or six years ago. He mentioned it on a decluttering thread and I just pm'd him. He charged me the going rate on eBay ($5) and free shipping. Paypal took care of the money changing hands.

Everyone, I have a great piece of "Land" in Florida for sale. Well it is land now, at least for a while. Great Deal, Great Location, A MUST Buy. First come first Served. VERY Limited availability, photos on request.............. Wire Money to Acct #: 345920 ShiftyBank, PO Box, 123, Swampland, Fl. :angel:

Last edited:
Everyone, I have a great piece of "Land" in Florida for sale. Well it is land now, at least for a while. Great Deal, Great Location, A MUST Buy. First come first Served. VERY Limited availability, photos on request.............. Wire Money to Acct #: 345920 ShiftyBank, PO Box, 123, Swampland, Fl. :angel:

Hunh. Just posted a postage stamp sized lot in Oregon on Craigslist last night. Strong selling point is it is in the band of totality. And real close to a tsunami evacuation road.

I'll be happy to send anyone some beachfront Hawaii property - 1 cubic inch of sand by mail. Only $19.95 plus shipping. A second cubic inch is available for a small additional handling fee. YMMV

Notwithstanding the humorous remarks - I have had the same thought. Some people are downsizing and have some nice things that they end up selling for very little. Some of us like bargains.

So to make it something the mods don't have to deal with, people could just post things for sale (or mention categories of items), and all discussion (prices, offers, etc.) could be by private message.

Just an idea.

Notwithstanding the humorous remarks - I have had the same thought. Some people are downsizing and have some nice things that they end up selling for very little. Some of us like bargains.

So to make it something the mods don't have to deal with, people could just post things for sale (or mention categories of items), and all discussion (prices, offers, etc.) could be by private message.

Just an idea.

Maybe we should have a Vote? Poll?

I have some great timeshares I would sell you guys!

All kidding aside I'm pretty sure such a thread/forum would be seen to violate both the community rules and terms of service (and would definitely attract scammers or other people who join just because they want to use e-r.org as a marketplace).

The item I bought from a longtime member was casually mentioned on a random thread without any intent of selling it and he was quite surprised when I asked him if I could buy it. I'm sure anyone could do the same without needing a formal fleamarket-ish forum. ETA But I sure wouldn't want to get pms offering items for sale, which would also be a violation of the CRs and TOS.

Last edited:
I'm neither for nor against but my experience with internet forum FS sections is all positive. People are often familiar with each other and simply looking at posting history and reading a few old posts is a pretty good reality check on a name one doesn't recognize.

In fact, I prefer to buy and sell on forums (mostly camera equipment) because I avoid greedy eBay with its ridiculous fees and general arrogance. I have a feedback score of 700+ and have been there for 15 years but I started avoiding them as a seller at least 5 years ago.

I have found nextdoor.com to be an excellent way to buy/sell stuff. It is a social interaction site with a classified section. So you are dealing with people in your own neighborhoods. No shipping required, and free to join.

Back
Top Bottom