iTouch update

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
I bought a new iTouch in August and set it up in September. The home button stopped working in February so i arranged to get it fixed and they sent me a new one pronto.

But they didn't do the engraving (my name and email). And it came with iOS 6, which means I have to do the updates/restore again. That's my afternoon :(

In the meantime, I am permanently logged in to e-r.org with my old pal (iTouch, not you).

Ok, I have to ask Steelyman. Are you at home using the Itouch? If so do you not have a laptop or something bigger to follow ER? This is something I cannot for the life of me understand, using phone sized devices ANYTIME something larger (and with a keyboard!) is available. Even with my good glasses, or if I had the eyes of my youth, I don't care to use my iPhone for anything unless I'm out and nothing else is available. Maybe it's a matter of personal taste.

Is it just your preference? Not being nosy (I don't think!) just trying to understand today's tech preferences. And no, I text very little!

Ok, I have to ask Steelyman. Are you at home using the Itouch? If so do you not have a laptop or something bigger to follow ER? This is something I cannot for the life of me understand, using phone sized devices ANYTIME something larger (and with a keyboard!) is available. Even with my good glasses, or if I had the eyes of my youth, I don't care to use my iPhone for anything unless I'm out and nothing else is available. Maybe it's a matter of personal taste.

Is it just your preference? Not being nosy (I don't think!) just trying to understand today's tech preferences. And no, I text very little!

You're not nosy at all. I just like it, I post while watching movies/shows or waiting for the stew to simmer. I used to spend a lot of time in the office at a workstation. But now I'm retired :)

I get the workstation aversion! Probably why I usually use the laptop on the couch!

Back
Top Bottom