It's confirmed - Aliens exist

Trek

Full time employment: Posting here.
FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.

Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up | NEWS.com.au

Really, though. What would prompt him to come out and say this now, unless it really was true.

Or is he just getting old and senile?

I could have sworn that one of the other big name astronauts made the same claim when he was pretty old, like Aldrin or Armstrong.

The excellent book, Mistakes were Made, But not by Me, has brief section talking about people who claim to have suffered alien abductions or have met aliens. The people are rarely mentally ill. People who are totally "normal" can make serious cognitive errors. These can occur in a variety of circumstances. If you are tired and pushed to the limit, you can hallucinate.

I have also read that people who have experiences of alien abduction (not quite what the astronauts are claiming) tend to have fertile imaginations and high reactivity. They tend towards daydreaming. "It seems people who report themselves as abductees are more likely to endorse unusualexperiences, be creative and imaginative, have depressive ideas, be suspicious, have dissociative tendencies and to have suffered childhood trauma. So whilst it seems unlikely that the bizarre experiences reported by most 'abductees' stem from severe mental illness (which can produce equally bizarre and seemingly real experiences) it is certainly the case that this group hascharacteristics that differentiate them from the general population.It is possible that these dispositions may increase the tendency for them to explain an anomalous experience in terms of alien contact." The Psychology and Neuroscience of Alien Abduction || kuro5hin.org

This should be merged with the psychics thread.

Hey! I don't know if the aliens would appreciate you lumping them in with psychics. At least aliens might have a chance of being legit! ;)

or they were not hallucinating and actually did see aliens while completely conscious, only they might have been experiencing a lucid dream and the aliens were merely dream characters.

additionally, the "medical probing" we hear about might be how the so-called abuctee experienced sleep paralysis, whereby you gain consciousness in your sleep so that you can feel your body but you can not control it. you might even be able to see during that time. it can be so frightening for some that they then experience what could be described as visual & auditory hallucination (often groaning or grinding noises or visual plays of shadow). the body might feel "electric shocks" or vibrations which the dreamer could imagine as probing by an external source.

i'm pretty sure this is gonna get a lot of play here, but what the hell (i won't be the one being presumptuous): the frequently described anal probing by aliens could very well have to do with the so-called awakening of so-called kundalini (supposedly seated at the so-called root chakra) which can associate both with lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis.

Stargazer Online || Carl Sagan

There are several concepts that make it difficult for humans to comprehend that aliens probably have not visited the earth.
- Distances - The huge distances between inhabited planets
- Speed - speed of light as a limit
- Finding the earth
- Curiousness - an intelligent civiliazation may not be interested in exploring the solar system

Alpha Centauri
Alpha-Centauri is 4.35 light years away from earth.
[SIZE=+1]the speed of light = 299 792 458 m / s[/SIZE]

The amazing thing to me is that there is life here on earth at all and that we find it fairly easy to end it.

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Times NewRoman][SIZE=+1]"A[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Times NewRoman][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Times NewRoman]lthough they may seem more the stuff of science fiction than science fact, physicists first dreamed up the idea of wormholes. In 1935, Albert Einstein and Nathan Rosen realized that general relativity allows the existence of “bridges,” originally called Einstein-Rosen bridges but now known as wormholes. These space-time tubes act as shortcuts connecting distant regions of space-time. By journeying through a wormhole, you could travel between the two regions faster than a beam of light would be able to if it moved through normal space-time. As with any mode of faster-than-light travel, wormholes offer the possibility of time travel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Times NewRoman] Until recently, theorists believed that wormholes could exist for only an instant of time, and anyone trying to pass through would run into a singularity. But more recent calculations show that a truly advanced civilization might be able to make wormholes work. By using something physicists call “exotic matter,” which has a negative energy, the civilization could prevent a wormhole from collapsing on itself. The stuff of science fiction, to be sure. But perhaps some day in the far future, it could also turn into science fact."[/FONT]

It may well be that what we know as civilization on earth, is but a dismally failed experiment of others.

The creators of this experiment may occasionally pass by to see how it is going. Me thinks it would look to be at best a mediocre result.

They may get more interested if they find that a few smart alecs are trying to escape. A little foray to the Moon in the grander scheme is minor.

All of the foregoing is result of having too much time in retirement for idle thinking. But if it turns out true, I want credit.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Last edited:
Maybe its the extraterrestrial version of a trip to the zoo.

"Daddy! Can I feed them?!?"

"No! Look how fat they are already. Plus that gloobelsnorp will make them sick!"

Out of the billions of stars that have planets that could support life, why would God only populate the earth with semi-intelligent beings. It would be God's plan to spread life throughout the universe and some of those life forms could be millions of years ahead of us in technology enabling them to bypass our known limits of physics.

Indeed, it is hard to know the great plan of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. We can only wonder in it's complexity and the mysteries it contains for us. Someday all will be touched by his noodly appendage.

Out of the billions of stars that have planets that could support life, why would God only populate the earth with semi-intelligent beings. It would be God's plan to spread life throughout the universe and some of those life forms could be millions of years ahead of us in technology enabling them to bypass our known limits of physics.

except, if their system is like ours, has an expiration date making it less possible that most intelligent life is given the opportunity to evolve to that advanced state...which i find an intriguing argument against the aliens...but who says every solar system follows our rules...who knows what will pop out of those black holes!

except, if their system is like ours, has an expiration date making it less possible that most intelligent life is given the opportunity to evolve to that advanced state...which i find an intriguing argument against the aliens...but who says every solar system follows our rules...who knows what will pop out of those black holes!
Most of our technology was developed in the last couple hundred years.
Where will we be a couple thousand years down the road if advances continue at this pace?
When is our expiration date?

Indeed, it is hard to know the great plan of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. We can only wonder in it's complexity and the mysteries it contains for us. Someday all will be touched by his noodly appendage.

How do you know it's a he?

Remember that old country and western song - they all look good at closing time.

Of course if there is no closing time:

How many 3 am's have YOU spent in the French Quarter over thirty years - hmmmm.

heh heh heh - sometimes it's not nice to make fun of aliens - they don't always like it. :D

Most of our technology was developed in the last couple hundred years.
Where will we be a couple thousand years down the road if advances continue at this pace?
When is our expiration date?

I think we're about halfway toward disappearing...either the sun will burn us up or the earth will "die" on its own - forgot which is supposed to come first...

From Wiki:
Future
See also: Risks to civilization, humans and planet Earth

The future of the planet is closely tied to that of the Sun. As a result of the steady accumulation of helium ash at the Sun's core, the star's total luminosity will slowly increase. The luminosity of the Sun will increase by 10 percent over the next 1.1 Gyr (1.1 billion years), and by 40% over the next 3.5 Gyr.[130] Climate models indicate that the rise in radiation reaching the Earth is likely to have dire consequences, including the possible loss of the planet's oceans.[131]
The Earth's increasing surface temperature will accelerate the inorganic CO2 cycle, reducing its concentration to the lethal levels for plants (10 ppm for C4 photosynthesis) in 900 million years. The lack of vegetation will result in the loss of oxygen in the atmosphere, so animal life will become extinct within several million more years.[24] But even if the Sun were eternal and stable, the continued internal cooling of the Earth would have resulted in a loss of much of its atmosphere and oceans (due to lower volcanism).[132] After another billion years the surface water will have completely disappeared[133] and the mean global temperature will reach 70°C.[24] The Earth is expected to be effectively habitable for another 500 million years or so.[134]
The Sun, as part of its evolution, will expand to a red giant in about 5 Gyr. Models predict that the Sun will expand out to about 250 times its present size, roughly 1 AU (150,000,000 km).[130][135] Earth's fate is less clear. As a red giant, the Sun will lose roughly 30% of its mass, so, without tidal effects, the Earth will be in an orbit 1.7 AU (250,000,000 km) from the Sun when the star reaches it maximum radius. Therefore, the planet is expected to escape envelopment by the expanded Sun's sparse outer atmosphere, though most, if not all, existing life will be destroyed because of the Sun's increased luminosity.[130] However, a more recent simulation indicates that Earth's orbit will decay due to tidal effects and drag, causing it to enter the red giant Sun's atmosphere and be destroyed.[135]

shouldn't that be high on the next president's agenda?! :D

In an effort to bring first hand information to the board regarding the possibility aliens walk among us, I traveled to Roswell, New Mexico, the claimed alien capital of the world. I've been here an hour and have seen one suspected alien but it turned out to only be a dog wearing a tinfoil hat and a sign that read: "I'll hump your leg if you buy an annuity".

Stay tuned for additional reports directly from the front lines.

REW,
Eyewitless News
Fairly unbalanced

In an effort to bring first hand information to the board regarding the possibility aliens walk among us, I traveled to Roswell, New Mexico, the claimed alien capital of the world. I've been here an hour and have seen one suspected alien but it turned out to only be a dog wearing a tinfoil hat and a sign that read: "I'll hump your leg if you buy an annuity".

Stay tuned for additional reports directly from the front lines.

REW,
Eyewitless News
Fairly unbalanced

Are you properly attired in tinfoil hat? "THEY" will control your mind. You just thought it was a dog, most likely it was a grizzly marmot.
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom