Jeopardy finance questions

aaronc879

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Here's a finance test that is more difficult than most. This may even challenge the people on this site. I did not do well and i'm better than the average person when it comes to financial knowledge. Try it yourself.

Jeopardy! CNNMoney edition - CNNMoney

It is a bit of mind bender--broke even if I allow for credit for partial correct answers--eg. schwab verses Charles schwab. Otherwise, lost 200. ;-)

Did pretty good; 10 of 15 right ($2100 at end) and one i missed was due to reading question wrong.

Marc

It accepted 'schwab' for me. But spelling and completeness was an issue in some, whereas the actual game is oral, and they often accept partial answers if it is clear (but if the response is 'Roosevelt' for example, Alex would say "I need more" - and you'd need to add 'Teddy',' Franklin', 'Eleanor', or whatever), though wow, sometimes Alex has been very picky on some oral answers.

Kinda fun though,

I had to 'cheat' and play again, as the answer went by, but I know I missed the one abut least currency - I didn't read it as the $ amount in circulation; missed what they were going for with Markowitz (though I knew the answer, after the fact); missed the bank employee Q, the "to fire" threw me; missed the chemical family (I shouldn't have :facepalm: ); missed the full name of the English finance position, though I'd heard of after I saw it, would not have come up with it on my own. I think I got the rest right, I didn't keep notes, maybe another flub or two in there.

-ERD50

I blew myself away! I ended up with $4,000

I gave myself credit for Q#1. I put "2.00" instead of spelling out TWO-DOLLAR-BILL which apparently is what they wanted.

I blew myself away! I ended up with $4,000

I gave myself credit for Q#1. I put "2.00" instead of spelling out TWO-DOLLAR-BILL which apparently is what they wanted.

If you answered every question either correctly or wrongly, how do you end up with $4000:confused:

What was the coin that's also slang for an admission ticket? I had $3000 going into that last question.

I think the people here are more interested in how the system now works in terms of getting ready for retirement or in retirement. I doubt many really would care about what cent was made with misaligned obverse dies in the multiple strike processing.

This is not a financial literacy test, but a trivia test.

I got $4100 - missed "cashier". I guess all those days of reading Forbes when I was growing up were good for something. (My dad would quiz me on the articles at dinner!)

$3500 for me. Pretty good quiz, but I was embarrassed that I didn't do better.

Thanks. Never heard that slang for an admission ticket.

I can't recall it either. Maybe regional? I really don't think it is common or well known, or maybe I've been living under a heliotrope (slang for 'rock' where I come from).

-ERD50

I can't recall it either. Maybe regional? I really don't think it is common or well known, or maybe I've been living under a heliotrope (slang for 'rock' where I come from).

I've heard "ducats" used as slang for money (the internet says it's a hip hop and/or California thing, both of which I'm totally in touch with). Never tickets.

...But spelling and completeness was an issue in some, whereas the actual game is oral, and they often accept partial answers if it is clear (but if the response is 'Roosevelt' for example, Alex would say "I need more" - and you'd need to add 'Teddy',' Franklin', 'Eleanor', or whatever), though wow, sometimes Alex has been very picky on some oral answers.

I gave up after I entered "haircut" and it docked me $500 because the correct answer was "a haircut". :facepalm:

Last edited:
$700

I had to go back and re-read the question on the 2 dollar bill again. Totally misread the question :facepalm: I understood all the rest just didn't know the answers to some, although I should have guessed cashier :nonono:

Back
Top Bottom