Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Re: Jerry Falwell dead
Old 05-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

There is a difference between *wishing* someone dead, and not being sad they are gone. I didn't wish him dead...he died, I am not sad about it. The world is a better place because of it.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Martha,

Far out! (That was fast work, too.)
Old 05-15-2007, 08:23 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deetso
I must admit that Im rather perplexed at the comments here. I presumed that if you were so outraged by the level of disrespect this man gave to some people you would be outraged by disrespect to any human being.

Being happy someone has died and calling it good news seems extrememly disrespectful.

While I admit that he was outrageous and probably wrong on many things he said I do not think some of the attitudes displayed helps your arguments/this discussion at all.
There are some really dark hearted folks here, it's pretty upsetting to see people's reaction to an event which certainly is causing his family great pain.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #24
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki9
There are some really dark hearted folks here, it's pretty upsetting to see people's reaction to an event which certainly is causing his family great pain.

They'll still have all the money.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:

I agree. It's both sad and funny to listen to folks act out in the same manner that they accuse Falwell of acting. But then again, hypocrites seldom recognize themselves in the mirror. That's just a fact of life.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouston
.... But then again, hypocrites seldom recognize themselves in the mirror. That's just a fact of life.
Yup..
Old 05-15-2007, 09:14 PM   #27
Gone but not forgotten

What is hypocritical about thinking the deceased is a worthless hating creep?

I thought the same when he was alive.

Tell me of his positive qualities.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:23 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan

Tell me of his positive qualities.
Tell us something of your positive qualities.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:26 PM   #29

Quote:

You really didnt expect any better from them did you?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:27 PM   #30
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:

How can they feel great pain when they know he has been called to heaven?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:58 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bssc
I hope that he passed over safely and can deal with being reincarnated as a gay Haitian liberal.
hey! we don't want him. though i used to half-joke about a rather bigoted ex-acquaintance of mine that he (the aquaintance) was going to come back as an etheopian jewish lesbian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouston
hypocrites seldom recognize themselves in the mirror. That's just a fact of life.
since when is it hypocritical to cast out the first stone thrower.

even if i am normally a man of peace just going about my day and someone sucker punches me, when i gather myself, do not be surprised if i take measure to prevent myself from being hit again. does it make me a hypocrite to make safe my peace or rather a fool to let myself be hit a second time.

some mistake politeness for weakness, others mistake initial trust for perpetual loyalty, others mistake justified reaction for hypocrisy.

after you have spent a lifetime spewing bile, do not be perplexed when your obit is vile. how many families has this guy destroyed? how many young gay teens have been driven out of their families and into the streets? how many have committed suicide because of the likes of this s.o.b.?

this is not hypocracy talking. this is the sound of disgust. how convenient to try to dismiss an argument by mislabeling it. what the people here are expressing is not hypocritical at all. it is simply critique.

as to the just reward for the likes of a dead falwell, i would wish only that if there is an afterlife that falwell's eyes & heart be opened to all the pain in this world that he helped cause. as to what he is able to do with that is none of my concern.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
Old 05-15-2007, 10:21 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum
how many have committed suicide because of the likes of this s.o.b.?
What does his mother have to do with this? I think we have all learned something about you. You attack his mother as a bitch, yet I'm sure you've never even met her! Perhaps we should direct the discussion at your recently dead mother? Bitch? Yes, bitch indeed!
Old 05-15-2007, 10:25 PM   #33
Recycles dryer sheets

You right wing frauds make me laugh. If it was Bin Laden who died you'd be falling all over yourselves frothing at the mouth and hurling the same kind of invective.

Would Bin Laden deserve respect? Hell, no. And neither does Falwell.
The world is just better off without some people.

You hypocrites.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:28 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbet
What does his mother have to do with this? I think we have all learned something about you. You attack his mother as a bitch, yet I'm sure you've never even met her! Perhaps we should direct the discussion at your recently dead mother? Bitch? Yes, bitch indeed!
ubet, i have never profited from my opinions nor made myself a public character open to that kind of critique. unless you are a complete idiot, you know very well that my use of the term s.o.b. had nothing at all to do with falwell's mother. your comment about my mom is nothing less than incredibly crass.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
Old 05-15-2007, 10:39 PM   #35
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
ubet, i have never profited from my opinions nor made myself a public character open to that kind of critique. unless you are a complete idiot, you know very well that my use of the term s.o.b. had nothing at all to do with falwell's mother. your comment about my mom is nothing less than incredibly crass.
I made no comment about your mother. I asked why you brought Falwells's mother into the discussion and how you would like your mother spoken of in the same sense. I am deeply against bringing family into these types of discussions and am deeply disappointed you chose to do so.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:42 PM   #36

Quote:
I made no comment about your mother. I asked why you brought Falwells's mother into the discussion and how you would like your mother spoken of in the same sense. I am deeply against bringing family into these types of discussions and am deeply disappointed you chose to do so.
Quote:
Perhaps we should direct the discussion at your recently dead mother? Bitch? Yes, bitch indeed!
Quote:
Perhaps we should direct the discussion at your recently dead mother? Bitch? Yes, bitch indeed!
Quote:
Quote:
evidently you are not as deeply anything but maybe full of crap.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:45 PM   #37
Give me a forum ...

I think you've got the point. Let's leave family out of these discussions.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:47 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabet soup
You right wing frauds make me laugh. If it was Bin Laden who died you'd be falling all over yourselves frothing at the mouth and hurling the same kind of invective.

Would Bin Laden deserve respect? Hell, no. And neither does Falwell.
The world is just better off without some people.

You hypocrites.
Did Falwell kill 5000 people?
Old 05-15-2007, 10:51 PM   #39

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
as i already said, the s.o.b. term had nothing to do with his mother. so obviously you were just and continue attacking for your own no good reasons. why don't you just take your point and shove it up your, well, lets face it. nothing in god's good universe is thin enough to fit there.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:52 PM   #40

Quote:
as i already said, the s.o.b. term had nothing to do with his mother. so obviously you were just and continue attacking for your own no good reasons. why don't you just take your point and shove it up your, well, lets face it. nothing in god's good universe is thin enough to fit there.
So its ok for you to do it but not ok for someone else? Wow double standard there sweetcakes.
Closed Thread