Join Early Retirement Today

JPatrick's Mustang
Old 12-23-2005, 07:39 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

JPatrick's Mustang

So, everytime I read your post I look at that cute little rabbit and clover countdown....* And everytime I see a yellow Mustang on the road, I wonder -* are you really going to do it

I think I missed the discussion where you first posted this - does it depend on what the bonus is, or do you have that thing on hold waiting for the cash to show up?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: JPatrick's Mustang
Old 12-23-2005, 08:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl
So, everytime I read your post I look at that cute little rabbit and clover countdown....* And everytime I see a yellow Mustang on the road, I wonder -* are you really going to do it

I think I missed the discussion where you first posted this - does it depend on what the bonus is, or do you have that thing on hold waiting for the cash to show up?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Ah Sheryl, it is becoming a sad story.
I manage 4 portfolios for family/close friends.* I work for pats on the back, Corona at Christmas and my birthday and lots of bitching on occasion.* Except----One portfolio I manage in a very aggressive manner. I always promise big (this year 15%) and I expect a share of the cream.* In the past I have just taken a high % of the amount over the goal usually not to exceed a couple of thousand. However, this year back in Sep/Oct when we were in the crapper I thought we had a good chance at a monster year end rally based on lower oil, better Iraq story and favorable outlook for interest rates.* So in that moment of foolishness I was promised a new Mustang GT convert at about $33K provided the portfolio produced this amount above the 15%.* The catch is that if it failed to reach the full 33K I got zero.* I'm only about 1.5K towards the goal so it looks all but impossible. Not to worry though, I'll still get the pats on the back and I think I detect a case of Corona under the tree.
That's the Mustang story
JPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:20 AM   #3

I am sorry I asked.* *This year end "rally" has been a real lame @$$ one, eh?

I hope the Corona provides some solstice solace and the Mustang gives you something to shoot for next year.
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:04 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPatrick
I think I detect a case of Corona under the tree.
Beats the "holliday 5 pack". Although 5 heinekens are arguably better than a case of watered down rat urine
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:05 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ()
a case of watered down rat urine
No, that would be "Corona Light"... the regular brew retains its refined rodent redolence.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 08:34 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

They actually made a light version of that stuff?

WHY?
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:36 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Was overpowering the lime wedge...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 08:50 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ()
They actually made a light version of that stuff? WHY?
Asks the battle-scarred sales veteran who had to justify the Celeron... or did you achieve ER before then?

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 09:25 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

I never, ever liked that product.

In fact, the very first marketing meeting I sat in was the one where we started talking about that. My first suggestion was to say "Lets just run this by saying that we've noticed that some people like buying other company's inferior products because they're cheaper, so we've decided to come out with a cheap inferior product for those who still want to buy from a company that makes money...wrap this around their neck like an anchor and throw it in the water. Both sink. Everybody's happy."

They didnt like my campaign about "slow chips = small dicks" either.

Rookies and wimps. Thats all I ever got to work with...

But bad beer? Come on, I'd have done everything in my power to prevent that.

You KNOW about 15 years ago a bunch of brewers in mexico came up with that stuff and when they tasted it they made the same face Gabe made the first time I gave him a pickle slice to nibble on. "Ewww...lets send this stuff up to america...nobody around here will drink it!"..."ehhh...I dont think even the gringos will drink this!"....(in saunters the savvy marketing guy)..."We'll show some ads of trendy yuppies squeezing a lime into it, all the americans will think thats cool and will do it, and it'll drown out the horrifying rat urine/skunk butt taste!".

And so once again good marketing saves the day, money was made, people drank bad beer (and used bad chips) and the rest is history...