Just experienced my first earthquake

We're in Southern California. This is amusing to us thinking of all those people who moved east due to fear of earthquakes. :LOL:

I concur. here in SoCal in mere 5.8 will make the local news, but would never be the topic of discussion for days on end. And it would never make the national news. We have been through so much more.

This reminds me of when I lived in Houston. We received around a quarter inch of snow one night and it was the biggest deal. The news talked about it for a week. My co-worker called in to ask if it was safe to drive in to work. Had we lived in Detroit or Buffalo we would have thought that was a "light" day and gone about our business. people from Buffalo would have laughed hard about all the commotion.

Last edited:
I concur. here in SoCal in mere 5.8 will make the local news, but would never be the topic of discussion for days on end. And it would never make the national news. We have been through so much more.

This reminds me of when I lived in Houston. We received around a quarter inch of snow one night and it was the biggest deal. The news talked about it for a week. My co-worker called in to ask if it was safe to drive in to work. Had we lived in Detroit or Buffalo we would have thought that was a "light" day and gone about our business. people from Buffalo would have laughed hard about all the commotion.

What do you call a quarter inch snowfall in Buffalo?

The Dog Days of summer.........:LOL:

A few years back, when I was visiting friends who'd relocated from Southern California to Idaho, there was a very light, late snowfall.

My friend and I took a drive into the hills in my then vehicle, ( a manual transmission, HD, 4x4, diesel F250); we came to a loop road that had not yet been graded, although someone had previously driven through and the road surface was visible.

My concerned friend asked if I was going to put the truck in four wheel drive......I said "Why? The road's clear".....to which he responded "You call THIS CLEAR?"

"Ah", I said, "I just remembered that you're from L.A.".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom