Leno Reruns

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
When NBC broadcasts a Leno rerun, it usually chooses a show that was on just a few weeks ago. Perhaps they want the jokes to still be current, but it's frustrating; who wants to see a show that they still clearly remember? What are they thinking?

A refreshing exception was Monday's show from 2003 that had Britney Spears as a guest. Seeing what an airhead she was put all the later news in perspective. The best part was Leno saying "So in a few years, you'll marry a musician, have two kids and live in a trailer."

The political jokes and the audience's reaction were also interesting, showing how public opinion shifts.

T-Al, I'm with you. Really tics me off that NBC reruns Leno shows I just saw a couple of weeks earlier. Even more frustrating is the fact they don't identify up front that the show is a rerun - at least not on our local station. I know they are all reruns now, but under normal circumstances it's really frustrating to begin watching his monologue and realize you've heard the jokes before...

Thats been a problem plaguing tivo's since day one. 3am reruns of leno are always from about a week ago, they're never marked as reruns, and since the 'original air date' is less than a week old, the tivo gets it "just in case".

I think there'd be a heck of a market to put on reruns of Johnny Carson instead of some of the newer shows.

Why can't Leno write a few jokes for his monologue? Surely he can think of a few questions to ask his guest. I know........he wants to support the writers strike. I never have thought much of unions and their dam strikes. When I was working if I didn't show for work because I was unhappy with my pay and benefits, I would have been fired.

I think I will boycott his show when the strike is over. Wait.......I rarely watch his show anyway. :D

If we are going retro with Johnny why not throw some Jack Paar in as well..

I know........he wants to support the writers strike. I never have thought much of unions and their dam strikes. When I was working if I didn't show for work because I was unhappy with my pay and benefits, I would have been fired.
Nearly 40 years after the great CBS strike of 1968, my FIL can still tell you exactly [-]which scabs[/-] who crossed the IBEW picket lines.

Many of the on-air "talent" refused to cross the picket lines in sympathy, hypothetically risking their jobs too, but the union found out later that Dan Rather & Co were hiding in a local hotel room and phoning in their stories.

Back
Top Bottom